• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter

BunnyMomx2

Young Bun
The temperature is beginning to drop and I want to be cold weather prepared. Stan and Stella have a 12ft hutch and run setup with an extra 12ft free ranging area whenever we are home. Their top hutch is fully lined with vet bed and the bottom has half lino half carpet tiles. They have 2 litter trays one in the hutch one in the run.
Without putting hay upon hay just in the hutch what are everyone's tips for keeping them warm?? I've already carpeted and tarpaulined the outside of their hutch for added warmth..

Help and tips appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

The hutch will possibly need to be covered against wind and rain. Rabbits grow a very thick coat for the winter so should be ok as long as they can get out of the wind and rain. You can use fleeces but Rabbits sometimes use anything soft as a toilet. Are they litter trained?

Yea both are litter trained this was my concern with filling hay boxes up for them to snuggle in I think they would use as a toilet

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Back