• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pre-Bonding Housing

Emmy_Cabs

Young Bun
So I’ve potentially found a partner for my 10 year old buck. She is being neutered on Wednesday and then they think I should be able to bring her home a week or so later (all being well 🤞).

I plan to keep them separate but side by side for 4-6 weeks post spay to allow her to recover. Is this correct?

Also, can someone advise me as to what accommodation I could keep her in during this time? Do I need to go out and get another 60sq ft setup or could I split the current run in two with mesh in between and attach another hutch via a runaround tunnel? Obviously the reduction in size isn’t ideal but I can’t decide if it’s ok to do over a potentially short period of time?

Also, as I would be bonding them late September, am I ok to bring them in to bond and then put them back out again?

Sorry for all the questions. I’ve never bonded outside bunnies before and I don’t want to commit to this other rabbit if I can’t offer her what she needs.

I would start the bonding as soon as she arrives, in a neutral space, so inside would be ok as it hasn't got too cold yet. I would wait though until she is 3 weeks post spay, how old is she? You will then be able to transfer both outside together if all goes well. I am pleased you have found a friend.

I would start the bonding as soon as she arrives, in a neutral space, so inside would be ok as it hasn't got too cold yet. I would wait though until she is 3 weeks post spay, how old is she? You will then be able to transfer both outside together if all goes well. I am pleased you have found a friend.

Hi Tonibun,

That’s what I was thinking too.

She is 7 years old so hopefully it will be a good match. I do like my golden oldies!

Back