• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playhouse Recommendations

bs189

New Kit
Hi there,

I am wanting to get a playhouse as my Rabbit’s new hutch but I am struggling to find one that is a good enough size. I know a lot of people have done this so I am looking for some suggestions of where you may of have got yours from, I am also open to a shed as long as it has windows/isn’t too big (moving to a smaller garden). It doesn’t have to be really large as I have a runaround to attach to the playhouse and will be making a second level as well but obviously within guidelines. Thanks!

Hi :wave: my bun lives indoors now she is on her own, but originally she and her brother lived in a 7 x 5 shed which was attached to a a run, and also had a runaround setup. Have you had a good look in the Housing sticky, you will find lots of ideas and photos of setups in there. I know others on here have playhouses for their buns, so I'm sure someone will be along with more ideas. Good luck ! :D

We've got a 4'x4' one which is a bit small but I'm only little so it's OK! Recommend searching the free ads (Freecycle, Gumtree, FB Marketplace etc.) for one, we got ours for £40 off Gumtree and repaired it and rebuilt it with insulation. I would recommend getting the largest you can afford, as you can add levels etc.: we managed to fit a large windowsill in our little one easily, and our buns all love it :)

I agree that your best bet is to keep a look out on places like fb marketplace, there are bargains to be had. Just tonight I saw one by me that was in great condition for £25. :)

Back