• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding: getting messed around by Bonding Services

Hello

A few months ago I made a posted on another forum about bonding my Trio, as there was a few fully lock on fights but it was very early days as they had only had a few dates.

I decided to find a bonding service so that someone could help me as I suffer with Anxiety Disorder, and a little sensitive to the fights between 2 of my buns. Also i live in a flat so i do not have much natural space they haven't been.

However I am slowly starting to see the lack of care people have, as I have been messed around 3 times.

The first bonder I asked (a very well known one) was very rude and just out right said No.

I then managed to get them in somewhere here in Surrey, but she i feel she was more interested in my solo doe and charged me £850 in the process. So obviously the bonding didn’t work out, even though she managed to get them all together for 9 hours, she split them up because she was worried about the bond between my current couple. With a message that followed that she badly wanted my solo bunny. I also got no updates, or still have any idea what happened.

They where supposed to be going to a bonder on the 1st Sept, but this person has now gone quite on me and started to ignore me.

So I am at a loss as to what to do, and its not fair on myself or the bunnies, and the whole thing is starting to upset me.
Does anyone know anyone that may be able to help? Ideally within the Surrey/London area – although happy to travel if need be.

I have asked rescues but they just say no. I feel there is a lot of bias with Trios.
I have decided that if the bond doesn't work, that i would keep the solo bunny and get a larger custom made pen from pet manor that can be divided (and un divided) with clear Polycarb and has 2 doors at each end. I would then get her a friend of her own. However i don't want 4 rabbits unless need be. What I would like is someone to help me determine if it is going to work or not - had i not suffered with Anxiety Disorder i would have done it myself.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello

A few months ago I made a posted on another forum about bonding my Trio, as there was a few fully lock on fights but it was very early days as they had only had a few dates.

I decided to find a bonding service so that someone could help me as I suffer with Anxiety Disorder, and a little sensitive to the fights between 2 of my buns. Also i live in a flat so i do not have much natural space they haven't been.

However I am slowly starting to see the lack of care people have, as I have been messed around 3 times.

The first bonder I asked (a very well known one) was very rude and just out right said No.

I then managed to get them in somewhere here in Surrey, but she i feel she was more interested in my solo doe and charged me £850 in the process. So obviously the bonding didn’t work out, even though she managed to get them all together for 9 hours, she split them up because she was worried about the bond between my current couple. With a message that followed that she badly wanted my solo bunny. I also got no updates, or still have any idea what happened.

They where supposed to be going to a bonder on the 1st Sept, but this person has now gone quite on me and started to ignore me.

So I am at a loss as to what to do, and its not fair on myself or the bunnies, and the whole thing is starting to upset me.
Does anyone know anyone that may be able to help? Ideally within the Surrey/London area – although happy to travel if need be.

I have asked rescues but they just say no. I feel there is a lot of bias with Trios.
I have decided that if the bond doesn't work, that i would keep the solo bunny and get a larger custom made pen from pet manor that can be divided (and un divided) with clear Polycarb and has 2 doors at each end. I would then get her a friend of her own. However i don't want 4 rabbits unless need be. What I would like is someone to help me determine if it is going to work or not - had i not suffered with Anxiety Disorder i would have done it myself.

Thanks

To be honest I get that more would be reluctant to bond trios / groups- they are typically in need of more supervision, time & intervention.
I've sorry you've been messed about though - that bonder sounds weird - esp obsessing about one of your bunnies. So much for professional bonders having no attachments to your rabbits. Did you pay the £850?

Never used a bonder but when I've nosied online I like the sound of Derricks Den but is in Northampton so bit of a distance

To be honest I get that more would be reluctant to bond trios / groups- they are typically in need of more supervision, time & intervention.
I've sorry you've been messed about though - that bonder sounds weird - esp obsessing about one of your bunnies. So much for professional bonders having no attachments to your rabbits. Did you pay the £850?

Never used a bonder but when I've nosied online I like the sound of Derricks Den but is in Northampton so bit of a distance

I did pay the £850. I wouldn't have got my rabbits back otherwise. Complete ripped off and disappointed. But I know the work involved hence why i offered to pay it. I wouldn't expect anyone to do it for nothing, but i felt i shouldn't have paid all that when she hadn't bonded them at all.

Derricks Den are the ones that where really rude to me. I was quite upset by their response.

I didnt even realise professional bonders existed.

That sounds awful that you've been messed about and to be charged so much as well!

I too found things really stressful last time and I'm really hoping things are easier this time.

To start last time I asked a friend with rabbit experience to supervise their first dates with me. She helped me know when to intervene and when not to, because I would react to everything to try and protect them.

Do you have someone who might be able to do that for you?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Back