• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can bunnies chew pvc edging?

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Archie has been remodelling the lower banister with his lovely gnashers for the last two years. He isn't generally a chewer, but if it's in his way it gets modified. [emoji1787]

It's an open staircase into the lounge and he jumps through the gap onto the sofa and vice versa. Generally as part of a super Binky!

So my idea was to clad the banister in a U shaped PVC profile. This will hide the remodelling and stop him eating paint!!! Which is what I'm more worried about.

However my OH is worried he'll eat the pvc? Does anyone know if buns can chew it? Pip once ate the corner of her plastic litter tray when we first got them, so I know some plastic is chewable. I'm thinking Aluminium might be a better choice?

What do you think?

Archie has been remodelling the lower banister with his lovely gnashers for the last two years. He isn't generally a chewer, but if it's in his way it gets modified. [emoji1787]

It's an open staircase into the lounge and he jumps through the gap onto the sofa and vice versa. Generally as part of a super Binky!

So my idea was to clad the banister in a U shaped PVC profile. This will hide the remodelling and stop him eating paint!!! Which is what I'm more worried about.

However my OH is worried he'll eat the pvc? Does anyone know if buns can chew it? Pip once ate the corner of her plastic litter tray when we first got them, so I know some plastic is chewable. I'm thinking Aluminium might be a better choice?

What do you think?

Bunnies can chew PVC ! X

They can chew it, certainly. They are very unlikely to eat it.
You might find it works. I've used PVC cornering to stop bunnies chewing the edges around the window.

They can chew PVC, though it may be safer than chewing painted wood if the paint contains lead. Or if bunny is destroying your woodwork.

Yes I thought about pine, but it's such a thin piece of wood. He'd be through it in one bite. For a teeny bun he's surprisingly destructive in a short space of time.

haha. Nethies pack a lot of punch into such a little space :)

Back