• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rebonding Joey Boo & Mouse

In my view yes you are achieving in that there is no real aggression and they appear to be respectful of each other. It could just be that they are accepting each other whilst still not 100% trusting each other yet. All the time this continues I think that trust should be rebuilding between them.

Personally I would just give it more time doing just what you're doing. If you are meaning the barrier you used when you were attempting quad bonding, so that Mouse would be on one side and Joey and Boo on the other, at the moment I wouldn't use this as I think it would be a bit of a backward step, I would only use this if they were not tolerating each other without a barrier.

Thanks Omi, Liz, C&D
Yep I did mean that barrier but in addition to kitchen bonding. I was wondering if I split the lounge in half during the day it might get them used to each other but in a safe way so they can snooze & relax. I was interested to see if they mirror at the prison gates or not. Mouse would keep the half she uses most (but would lose her underchair sulky spot)

Perhaps give it one more try today and if they don't seem happy give it a break? If they were younger it would be slightly different.

[/B]

Thanks Omi, Liz, C&D
Yep I did mean that barrier but in addition to kitchen bonding. I was wondering if I split the lounge in half during the day it might get them used to each other but in a safe way so they can snooze & relax. I was interested to see if they mirror at the prison gates or not. Mouse would keep the half she uses most (but would lose her underchair sulky spot)

I was forgetting that they have been in the kitchen the last couple of days and thought they were in the lounge :oops: It might be worth a try then. I think I would still start off with the kitchen.

Perhaps give it one more try today and if they don't seem happy give it a break? If they were younger it would be slightly different.

thanks tonibun. I don't think I'll give up on them that quickly though, we've had no negative behaviours except the odd audio grump from Joey who is the only bun to look unhappy but he's like that in every bond. He does bond but I think he hates the process. I think Mousey wants this & Boo seems accepting

I was forgetting that they have been in the kitchen the last couple of days and thought they were in the lounge :oops: It might be worth a try then. I think I would still start off with the kitchen.

I need the kitchen though! Its just been scrubbed & will have lots of smells & noise going on all day. I think the lounge is more 'relaxing'. I might give it a go in the lounge & see what transpires but continue with actual bonding (if you can call it that - maybe altogether time but would be more accurate) in the kitchen in the evening.
Or I might not :lol:

I need the kitchen though! Its just been scrubbed & will have lots of smells & noise going on all day. I think the lounge is more 'relaxing'. I might give it a go in the lounge & see what transpires but continue with actual bonding (if you can call it that - maybe altogether time but would be more accurate) in the kitchen in the evening.
Or I might not :lol:

Ah I understand :) In that case, then yes it makes sense. I hope it goes well.

:love: I feel they may all be friends again soon! I love that video, the music is so cute! What do your bunnies think of the hay box club? It is really nice to see Mouse reunited with her friends

sorry. Forgot to answer this. They must like it cos its going down like no tomorrow . For myself I prefer to watch them eat longer strands of hay. I love the packaging. Will buy again - have you tried the meadow?

How goes the bonding?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Not too bad thanks DP. Keeping it pretty chilled. Mousey & Boo are not interacting much. Joey spends most of his time with Boo but does visit Mouse to flop in front of her, show off his tail :lol:
HLiMKjml.jpg

He has cleaned her eyes a few times & has done a much better job than me.

Not too bad thanks DP. Keeping it pretty chilled. Mousey & Boo are not interacting much. Joey spends most of his time with Boo but does visit Mouse to flop in front of her, show off his tail :lol:
HLiMKjml.jpg
[/IMG]
He has cleaned her eyes a few times & has done a much better job than me.

And a worthy tail it is too.

Mousey got lots of grooms & kisses last night:love: She finally returned some too. Unless I force them together (which kinda defeats my strategy of low stress bonding) I think its going to be very slow progress with the girls. What pleases me is Mouse looks happier & brighter even when bonding is over. Might add some poor quality photos later

Mousey got lots of grooms & kisses last night:love: She finally returned some too. Unless I force them together (which kinda defeats my strategy of low stress bonding) I think its going to be very slow progress with the girls. What pleases me is Mouse looks happier & brighter even when bonding is over. Might add some poor quality photos later

Oh bless little Mousie pie, sounds like she's enjoying a bit of bunny love. Good bunnies all of you :love:

Back