• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rebonding Joey Boo & Mouse

I don't want Mouse to die lonely - I'm sure we are better than nothing but we never made it to honourary rabbit. I am entering this in the spirit of trying rather than being determined to make it work

Shall I upload photos & share observations so far?

I don't want Mouse to die lonely - I'm sure we are better than nothing but we never made it to honourary rabbit. I am entering this in the spirit of trying rather than being determined to make it work

Shall I upload photos & share observations so far?

Yes please

I have everything crossed it will work out for her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes please

I have everything crossed it will work out for her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you. She deserves the chance

so this was yesterdays session

1tSoidnl.jpg

I tried first in a sectioned off lounge area - quite big but with nothing to jump, hop or run under. I knew it was controversial bonding in Mouseys room but during quad bonding this was where it went best (if ultimately unsuccessful). I also wanted to give Mouse, traditionally a submissive bun, a little confidence boost. Lesson learnt ...bonding rules DO apply to my rabbits (sometimes :lol:)

So Boo bimbled about, Joey looked for an escape & Mouse became super excited - her ears were all forward & curious. She started to look grumpy about being ignored & hobbled over to Joe at the fence. He, typical for him as he hates bonding, was all tense but not aggressive. They went nose to nose asking each other for groomies, no bun obliged

Shortly after Mouse approaches Boo, grunts & goes to bite her on the back:shock:. Intercepted. Mouse later charged to Joe who was in the litter tray - I'm unsure of her intentions . They had been scrubbed in bleach solution but obv they look like Mouseys normal litter trays & were in the same place

So I ended that session after 10 minutes as it was clear Mousey was both excited about seeing her old rabbit friends but also conflicted as she has over time become territorial over her land.

Today I had them in a sectioned off bit of the kitchen.
PhqGY6cl.jpg

It had a nice calm vibe & lasted a good few hours. Boo was superchilled for most of it, ate all the goodies, snoozed & had a nose to nose with Mouse (no groomies)
hn5maVAl.jpg

Boo & Joe had a wee spat (equivalent of 2 cats up close hissing at each other) & Boo did some nips headed for Mouseys face. I intercepted.

I don't have photo evidence but the best bit is Joey gave Mouse kisses on her head & let her snuggle under him. She looked happy to be having first bunny loves in 4 months.

I'm not doing a non stop bond til there is no sniping & spats the whole session. Mouse is so interested in J&B she doesn't eat much during the sessions & she's too delicate to push it fast

That last photo is so lovely :love: :love:
Looking forward to the next update. It sounds positive so far, I really hope it all works out

Oh only just caught your thread ! I'm super excited for you and for them, really really hope it all goes well xx

So happy to see this. Beautiful pictures and they deff looks happy in the last picture.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks everybun

Oh this is so beautiful, has no bun been a kitchen bun before?

Loving the photos and hope there will be loads more.

Not really, Rudey spent his first week in there & JB&M have all camped out for several hours - day when there has been noisy or dirty work going on in their base room. Boo used to site survey & in Rudeys brighter times I'd run round the kitchen calling his name & he'd follow. He was also the only bun to work out the fridge contains treats. Its not an appealing room to bunnies which is intentional as cleaning needs to be quick & easy if I'm having day making potions & lotions. The shorter answer might be they've all been in there but I don't feel anybun feels its theirs :lol:

Oh that video :love: Bouncy Mousey! Good luck with this, however it ends up :D I found Lopsy was much more relaxed when he went back to his own area (after 30-40ins in a neutral place with Chibbs), but then he wasn't really missing company because he was petrified of Chibbs at first :lol: Being in his own area calmed him, made him more 'normal' (hahahaha Lopsy 'normal' XD), whereas with Mouse it sound like it makes her excited but conflicted :)

:love: I feel they may all be friends again soon! I love that video, the music is so cute! What do your bunnies think of the hay box club? It is really nice to see Mouse reunited with her friends

Back