• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rebonding Joey Boo & Mouse

Its nice to have all this support & positivity, thanks so much. I know some will think I'm irresponsible as I did ask my vets opinion & he advised keeping her solo with us but....I did over egg my concerns about chasing without putting it in context & also underestimated to him how much Mouse is a rabbit Mouse, not a people Mouse. His fear was about her running away & knocking herself & with this type of bonding / intercepting she can't do that. She actually runs away from me quite a bit & I get stomps too. We've had none of this during bonding. So far no friskiness from Joey but I won't allow any humping - Boo will have to do the honours .

Compared to the first time I bonded them its a lot more relaxed - mainly as Boo is calmer

So pleased to hear that things are looking promising. Vet advice is something we should be mindful of, but they see rabbits in isolation for a few minutes. You see them every day for years. The vet also has no idea how experienced you are with bonding. You’re obviously adjusting how you do it to make sure that Mouse isn’t stressed or negatively impacted by it.
You’re doing a great job and have all the buns best interests at the forefront of you actions. Looking forward to hearing the updates and have everything crossed for a successful bond (after you’ve worked your magic you can rebond P & B for me!)

not very eventful today, everybun just looked knackered but not quite relaxed enough to snooze much. Boo slept. It must be weirder for her now. Joey & Mouse are constantly watching the other & obviously Boo can't do that - it must be a disadvantage bonding. She got a bit on edge being approached by either rabbit.

Cut short at 90 mins as Mouse sat on her packed lunch & needed a clean up. With the doors all open Joey bid a hasty retreat upstairs whilst Boo bolted in to Mouseys room & did a big pee on the floor (where the litter tray would be)

Next session I shall plan for more alert time

not very eventful today, everybun just looked knackered but not quite relaxed enough to snooze much. Boo slept. It must be weirder for her now. Joey & Mouse are constantly watching the other & obviously Boo can't do that - it must be a disadvantage bonding. She got a bit on edge being approached by either rabbit.

Cut short at 90 mins as Mouse sat on her packed lunch & needed a clean up. With the doors all open Joey bid a hasty retreat upstairs whilst Boo bolted in to Mouseys room & did a big pee on the floor (where the litter tray would be)

Next session I shall plan for more alert time

Its like a TV soap :) glad its going well.

Great to hear the latest updates, there does seem to be more positives than not, keep going bunnies !

Loving to read the updates. It sounds so positive and imo I think you're right to at least give it a try, despite what vet thinks.

Sadly I can't play the video due to no Facebook but I can just imagine the cuteness and also see it as a positive sign.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Those photos are gorgeous and to me (ha I'm no expert :lol:) look promising.

I hope all goes well today if you have another session :)

This is such lovely news. It takes courage to make a decision rather than just plod along but this is a positive thing to aim for.

Thank You :love: I'll do a session this evening when they are more alert. Looking to do a more alert session is a big step for me bravery wise. I still find bonding scary, although it does seem easier when they are older & slower - & of course they've been good friends before. My feeling is nobun is out to hurt each other, but they aren't quite there with trust yet. During bonding Joey gave me intentional kisses. Lots of lots - ok they were only on my knee but its more than I've had in the past 8 years from him. It really wasnt worth getting camera out yesterday but it'll be on hand if anything good happens

Thank You :love: I'll do a session this evening when they are more alert. Looking to do a more alert session is a big step for me bravery wise. I still find bonding scary, although it does seem easier when they are older & slower - & of course they've been good friends before. My feeling is nobun is out to hurt each other, but they aren't quite there with trust yet. During bonding Joey gave me intentional kisses. Lots of lots - ok they were only on my knee but its more than I've had in the past 8 years from him. It really wasnt worth getting camera out yesterday but it'll be on hand if anything good happens

Excuse me!? Your buns are photo worthy no matter what they are doing! We need more photos! :lol:

Joey was a little grumpy with Boo this evening but this photo says it all

zE9rdUml.jpg

Joey sits all tense with pointy grimace face, Boobly fills her face, Mousey sit expectantly waiting for interaction

They share space & move quite slowly, no freaking each other out. I think Joey was snarly as he hates bonding.

Its painfully slow & I wonder if we're achieving.

Was wondering if they should spend some time with that nasty barrier so they can get used to each other again. I even plonked them all in the same litter tray but it didn't last long

Thoughts?

In my view yes you are achieving in that there is no real aggression and they appear to be respectful of each other. It could just be that they are accepting each other whilst still not 100% trusting each other yet. All the time this continues I think that trust should be rebuilding between them.

Personally I would just give it more time doing just what you're doing. If you are meaning the barrier you used when you were attempting quad bonding, so that Mouse would be on one side and Joey and Boo on the other, at the moment I wouldn't use this as I think it would be a bit of a backward step, I would only use this if they were not tolerating each other without a barrier.

Back