• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gas

Well it seems the drugs are helping.

The gas is moving! And the obstruction has passed the main danger zone.

So now moving on to a decompression I think it was called to reduce the gas in her stomach so that its eased on both ends.

Shes still awfully uncomfortable and the vet described her as flat which is so unlike my bossy little madam!

So we will be having blood tests now to check for liver and kidney damage and make sure theres nothing worrying causing that or if it's just the stong painkillers as shes not had them before.

Apparently Rodney her partner is loving all the attention and is patiently assisting the nurses with keeping her warm on her heat mat and making sure shes nice and clean.

I just hope we got her there in time to prevent any damage. It was less than 24 hours and she was medicated and fed under vet advice the whole time so hopefully it will be ok.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Our beautiful girl is gone [emoji24] she was improving but the vet thinks it was all just too much for her.

I'm going to miss her so much.

I am so sorry you lost Primrose. It is hard to accept yet sometimes there is nothing you can do, even when you act as quickly as you acted. Please give Rodney some nose rubs from me as you grieve the loss together. Hugs.

Thank you all you've been a wonderful support today.

Rodney is home with us and seems well. He's said his goodbyes but still had a good hunt for her when we got home poor boy [emoji24]

Oh no I'm so sorry, I've only just seen your thread. So sorry for your loss, you did everything possible to help her. Sweet dreams Primrose xxx

I am so so sorry that you lost Primrose. You acted so quickly and did all you could for her.
Binkey free beautiful Primrose. Xx

Thank you.

It's been a week now and I miss her so much.

There is nobody nudging my ankles when I dont do things right or watching me carefully to try and work out what I'm doing with all her poop!

Rodney bless him is struggling and the search for a new friend has started far sooner than we're ready for.

If anyone knows of any neutered girls with an hour or so of Devon/Somerset border please let me know.

I'm listed with all the rescues I can find but theres a shortage of girls and I'm not sure he'd suit a baby at all as he's very nippy when bonding.

And right now I just couldn't face losing another if something went wrong during neuturing.

Back