• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

larger carrier excitement

Also BC, I really don’t like how the handle is attached to the opening lid. I have cable tied mine so that if the opening part of the lid failed, they wouldn’t escape x

I have a couple of these carriers, definitely wouldn’t say they would fit two large bunnies in unfortunately :)
Yeaa [emoji51] do you have any suggestions for carriers for mega buns? [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

50863f46f1308595536f87d0e160bb76.jpg

carrier criminal struck again.. [emoji38]

Orion keeps tipping it over, he tried earlier with Luna in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50863f46f1308595536f87d0e160bb76.jpg

carrier criminal struck again.. [emoji38]

Orion keeps tipping it over, he tried earlier with Luna in it

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Also BC, I really don’t like how the handle is attached to the opening lid. I have cable tied mine so that if the opening part of the lid failed, they wouldn’t escape x

I did look at that but its very sturdy imo. I'm not too worried honestly.

I did not realise that they have a larger version of this carrier.. 37,5 x 57,6 x h 33 - 10cm longer and 5cm wider.

only bad news tho is that it will be here in 3-5 days.. if that's including Saturday, latest it can arrive is Monday. if not..then its Tuesday..... which we're leaving early morning, so that won't work if it doesn't arrive before then :(

I'm really nervous. with the time its going to take with them in the carrier..this larger one would be ideal as the current one is *just* a bit too small and a tight fight. a decent fit, but a tight one either way.

they say it will ship next working day..so here's hoping............ I ordered it direct from Ferplast.

I can get it off of amazon with a guarantee but the price is even higher (+ that shipping cost). idk if I should have taken that tho as this is more risk....ugh :T

..maybe I'll order it from amazon too.......and then return one if it comes in time...:lol::?

Last edited:
ugggh now I just feel stressed. I should have gotten it from amazon :( I really want this one, its literally perfect in every way since its bigger and I'd feel so much happier with them in it. I just don't know if it will be here in time.. maybe I'll just order it from amazon.. if the one comes from ferplast I can just return it..? idkkk :( its really stressing me out.

this one is okay but this one would be so much better.. :S

Yeaa [emoji51] do you have any suggestions for carriers for mega buns? [emoji38]

For properly big buns I’m afraid I don’t! There seems to be a bit of a lacking of them available, doesn’t there? X

When I had a quad of small rabbits all around 1kg /1.1kg. each I used ferplast atlas mini, it is a great carrier that has doors on the front. I used to use it open in their shed all the time and then at vets time they didn't mind going in it. The handles are on the top at each end which makes it easier to carry.

I would just use the one you have, they’ll be absolutely fine x

I would do this too :thumb:

idk.. I took a look last night w BF and we just.. weren’t happy with the size. the journey is getting longer neither of us were happy with them in it for that time.

it is cramped in there, they both fit, but it’s still cramped. the bigger one isn’t giant but it would be nice to have that extra space tbh. they can’t really move, they’re just stuck in the position we put them in.

I’ve completely disinfected the carrier and I’m gonna go for the bigger one. it’s just gonna be a long journey and with the bigger one they can move a bit and I can maybe put a chew toy in [emoji38]

I do worry too much but hmm I think this is too cramped.

I really like the carrier.. so the bigger one will be literally perfect

I get it :thumb: This is one reason I keep responding to folding dog crate adverts on Freecycle even though I've got one: what if the bunnies can't be in their house etc. for a few days? Our selection of carriers isn't enough (we have the Catit Cabrio, Aboleth and Lopsy were both 2.5kg and they could move around fine but it wasn't a longterm solution) so being able to, I dunno, join a couple of crates together or at least use one as a base with a puppy pen (we have 4 joined together on the lawn) means we can deal with most situations :) If we needed to move the rabbits I'd always keep them in the carrier in the car, the dog crate's too big, but we could take the crate and a pen with us if necessary.

the larger one arrived today :D

except I'm going to end up with two of them :lol: one directly from Ferplast said it wouldn't be here until Tuesday. I then get a text this morning to inform me it will be here today, apparently! so is the amazon one.

I feel like a kid, I'm excited!!

providing neither are broken (and the one direct arrives today...), I'll probably send the Amazon one back, as its more expensive :')

Do you reckon your new one would fit my comically large buns? [emoji38]

I'll let you know once I've put it together! I'm doing a very boring job of finalising the appliances we're getting :lol: (rather be playing animal crossing ngl)

I'll let you know once I've put it together! I'm doing a very boring job of finalising the appliances we're getting [emoji38] (rather be playing animal crossing ngl)

That's not boring! I love that kinda stuff [emoji38]

Ooo yea my islands gone to **** since having Evelyn, do you have online? :D

That's not boring! I love that kinda stuff [emoji38]

Ooo yea my islands gone to **** since having Evelyn, do you have online? :D

f09b80761eae64c9e9371a19df1210a3.jpg

ft catit for reference!!!
the other picture won’t upload which had them vertical side by side, idk why, keeps failing. anyway! it say it’s about as wide as the catit and a few cm longer. it’s a lot lighter than the catit too imo. obviously heavier with bunnies in. but it’s not a bad weight.

I do have online yea!!! although it ran out as I haven’t played much so I didn’t bother to renew it [emoji38][emoji38] I go through phases were the switch is all I play and then won’t touch it for a few weeks!

I can imagine you’re very busy yes!! animal crossing is a lot of work. I haven’t wanted to play it as I know I’m gonna have so many weeds [emoji21][emoji38]

8d87a1870e37d80641b6b7b8928aa688.jpg

96c4d6ce1def2c9560956d5d5cac2dd1.jpg

well, orion has just gone ahead and deemed it his! [emoji38] he’s grooming himself in there.. having the time of his life honestly. guess he approves of the new space

Back