• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

larger carrier excitement

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
I ordered a new carrier (in prep for moving) and I'm quite excited for it to arrive :lol:

I have the catit rn, which is a nice carrier..but theres just no way to put a water bottle on it. travelling 5 hours I want there to be a water option at least. you can put the bowl in but with being carried around..its just gonna get everywhere tbh. I've been fiddling all day even trying to tape it on but there's just no nice way for me to do that so I gave up!

I ordered the ferplast atlast 10, as I liked it for the opening top, and the large holes so I can keep an eye on them, + feed them snacks :lol: they probably won't like them but oh well. I'll probably put a blanket over it to make it more secluded, but it allows me to see in easier.

others were just too secluded and no way to see in / keep an eye on them / feed snacks :(

I thought it looked pretty neat
812G4ZiMyEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

+ it will come in on Sunday, and the agency said the carpets should be done by this week so maybe we can move next week :D

Last edited:
It's also nice and airy :) Especially as it could possibly still be hot and humid when you move, it will make the journey more comfortable. I've got the Catit too and it can get very hot. It will also mean they will be able to smell you more easily.

Exciting :love:

It's also nice and airy :) Especially as it could possibly still be hot and humid when you move, it will make the journey more comfortable. I've got the Catit too and it can get very hot. It will also mean they will be able to smell you more easily.

Exciting :love:

yeah! I liked that honestly, allows lots of breathability, but also I could wrap a blanket over it if its cooler to help them if necessary. I want to be able to see them easily & interact with them, as I know it will be of some comfort. especially for Luna. being blind this move is going to be very very hard for her, so I want her to be as comfy as she can be. being easily able to interact (well, easier), see her, her smell me, & so fourth is really important for me.

the catit can get really hot, yea :( its also clunky and hard to carry at times, I mean all carriers are but catit feels even more so as its very thick. I use the waterdish that came with it in the car, which is fine, but carrying them isn't going to float well with that. water everywhere!

+ with not having a car (since my mom drives me) I'll be having to take them via public transport to more places anyways, so having something that is more breathable & able to attach a water bottle to is vital. even tho the vets is a 15 minute walk from ours, I still want them to be able to drink if they want.

Looks nice and sturdy, bet you're getting excited now BC :D

haha yeah I am! sorted out my stuff today and have my stuff in a box now, ready. all that is really left is liquorices food.. carefresh (but no biggie if we can't take it with), and clothes.

sucks as we still need to book the moving company but we don't have a firm date yet so we can't :/ they're waiting on an ETA from the carpet company of when they'll be done before they can give us keys.

it arrived today! a day early :D

its a bit smaller than I thought - but still fits both buns nicely (even better if I can get Ori to lose some weight...he's a bit fat :oops:)

it arrived today! a day early :D

its a bit smaller than I thought - but still fits both buns nicely (even better if I can get Ori to lose some weight...he's a bit fat :oops:)

Great ! As long as they can both get in it :D. That's one less thing to worry about now, excited for you :D

Great ! As long as they can both get in it :D. That's one less thing to worry about now, excited for you :D

for sure, yeah! :D they both fit with some room to spare - I think having it snugger is nicer anyway as Luna is comforted by Orion's presence - she follows him around, bless her. she'll take on anything providing Ori is by her side & she can follow him. being young he gets a bit ahead of himself usually, and will run off to explore a new space (leaving Luna panicked), but always comes back for her :love: I know this move will be hard on her, but with me & Orion I know we'll get her through it. she very much looks for me with comfort & is very different with me around, the attitude of "mom is here so I am fine"!

I'm sure you're going to be a lot happier and relaxed once you've moved, and she will pick up on that, so happy BC and happy bunnies ! :thumb:

Ooo that looks good, would you say it's more spacious inside than the catit?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Ooo that looks good, would you say it's more spacious inside than the catit?

it is unfortunately quite a bit smaller
c753c85dd1b95a9425aa31740b5e7650.jpg

which sucks.. but it’s lighter than the catit ofc.. and both luna and ori can fit nicely. I tested it and they can still sit away from one another if needed. ori sat at the back and luna at the front haha. it’s a right fit but not too bad.

i’d say it’s about the same length with the catit being so bulky, but a lot thinner.

I’m gonna miss the catit but I can’t fit a bottle on in any way :// + it gets so warm, & is so heavy. since I’m gonna have to carry them around a lot more.. something lighter would be appreciated lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is unfortunately quite a bit smaller
c753c85dd1b95a9425aa31740b5e7650.jpg

which sucks.. but it’s lighter than the catit ofc.. and both luna and ori can fit nicely. I tested it and they can still sit away from one another if needed. ori sat at the back and luna at the front haha. it’s a right fit but not too bad.

i’d say it’s about the same length with the catit being so bulky, but a lot thinner.

I’m gonna miss the catit but I can’t fit a bottle on in any way :// + it gets so warm, & is so heavy. since I’m gonna have to carry them around a lot more.. something lighter would be appreciated lol

Ah I see! Yea I love the catit, but it is heavy. Carrying Penelope and Apricot in it together so about 8kg plus the carrier is so tricky [emoji38] just getting from the car into the vets the other day I felt like it was a mission as I parked in a side road and had to walk a few mins [emoji38][emoji38]

I've never bothered with a water bottle for the buns, I always have water on me incase, Atticus will sometimes have a drink before we leave, but the rest are not interested [emoji38] plus none of them will use a bottle [emoji849] they all used to before living with me, so I think they're just being fussy [emoji38]

That picture is really helpful tho thank you :D

Ah I see! Yea I love the catit, but it is heavy. Carrying Penelope and Apricot in it together so about 8kg plus the carrier is so tricky [emoji38] just getting from the car into the vets the other day I felt like it was a mission as I parked in a side road and had to walk a few mins [emoji38][emoji38]

I've never bothered with a water bottle for the buns, I always have water on me incase, Atticus will sometimes have a drink before we leave, but the rest are not interested [emoji38] plus none of them will use a bottle [emoji849] they all used to before living with me, so I think they're just being fussy [emoji38]

yeaaa I feel you on that. luna and orion are roughly 5kg together + carrier.. it’s a lot. with moving I’m gonna be without a car until one of us gets our license so I need to be able to move them easier.

I doubt they’ll use a bottle but with a 5,6 (maybe even 7) hour journey ahead of us I want the option tbh!!

I have a couple of these carriers, definitely wouldn’t say they would fit two large bunnies in unfortunately :)

Back