Thread: Bunny head tilt

Default Bunny head tilt

I'm wondering if someone could help. I left my two bunnies with my SIL for a week (in an outside hutch) and when I came back to pick up one had a head tilt. She doesn't seem to have any other symptoms like pain but she isn't herself and tends to just lay around even in her playpen. Only one ear is flopped over which is same side as the tilt (right) and she is not a floppy eared bunny. I want to try to help naturally before I go to a vet because it can get costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Colie View Post
    I'm wondering if someone could help. I left my two bunnies with my SIL for a week (in an outside hutch) and when I came back to pick up one had a head tilt. She doesn't seem to have any other symptoms like pain but she isn't herself and tends to just lay around even in her playpen. Only one ear is flopped over which is same side as the tilt (right) and she is not a floppy eared bunny. I want to try to help naturally before I go to a vet because it can get costly.
    Hey

Unfortunately I think your rabbit needs to see a vet, it could be an ear infection or EC, both required treatment from a vet and shouldn't be left. It could ofc be something else, you really need a vet to look at her to determine the issue, a head tilt really needs prompt medical care though.

Do you have a rabbit savvy vet? If not people on here could maybe recommend one based on your location.

Hope your bunny will be okay

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Hey

Unfortunately I think your rabbit needs to see a vet, it could be an ear infection or EC, both required treatment from a vet and shouldn't be left. It could ofc be something else, you really need a vet to look at her to determine the issue, a head tilt really needs prompt medical care though.

Do you have a rabbit savvy vet? If not people on here could maybe recommend one based on your location.

Hope your bunny will be okay

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I agree with Gracie, your Rabbit does need Veterinary attention ASAP . The longer you delay seeking it the greater the potential for the problem to become serious.In the long run it would prove to be much more costly and potential very tragic.

Good luck
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

I agree, I adopted a bun who's head tilt wasn't treated properly before I adopted him and it became very costly in the long run as a result. There isn't any appropriate treatment that can be done without a vet so please pop your bun along to a vet ASAP to try and minimise any permanent damage and help them recover more quickly.