• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Angry bunny.

Courtz

New Kit
Hi guys,
We've had rabbits for over ten years now and never had a problem we couldnt overcome. However our new rescue bunny (weve had her 7 months) is a nightmare. She is a lion English cross. And needs groomed but all not let us near her at all. I've tried everything I would do with the other to mine them over. But she just grunts and lunges at you even when given her a treat. If you are sitting on the and she comes over she will lunge right at you if you move. Does anyone have any tips. I've no idea why she is so angry and I don't want her to get matted

Thank you.

Hi guys,
We've had rabbits for over ten years now and never had a problem we couldnt overcome. However our new rescue bunny (weve had her 7 months) is a nightmare. She is a lion English cross. And needs groomed but all not let us near her at all. I've tried everything I would do with the other to mine them over. But she just grunts and lunges at you even when given her a treat. If you are sitting on the and she comes over she will lunge right at you if you move. Does anyone have any tips. I've no idea why she is so angry and I don't want her to get matted

Thank you.
Eek, not good, buns can actually be really scary when they aren't happy [emoji51] is she spayed? Does she have a bunny friend?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

We have a lionhead x who is similar, luckily as she grew up her coat changed a lot and she is a lot less fluffy now! We did have her spayed but due to her behaviour we questioned whether it had been done correctly as hormonal unspayed rabbits typically behave that way, we had some tests run at the vets and her hormone levels are normal. We did have her bonded with our other pair but it wasn't working well so we had to separate, however she now gets the run of our large kitchen and she is much happier. She is defensive around her 'base' and belongings but now she will come up to us and tolerate a quick brush. Although she is not afraid to tell us to go away :lol:

Eek, not good, buns can actually be really scary when they aren't happy [emoji51] is she spayed? Does she have a bunny friend?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yes they are 😂 Yeah she was spayed the week we got her. We were bonding her with our 9 year out nethie but she passed away in May so now we are back to one. We want to get her a buddy but we are a little concerned she will just attack it.

Liz47 - Hopefully she grows out of this too. She's a rescue aged 3. She kept getting returned to pets at home for about six months and a friend asked me to take her before something bad happened to her. I just want her to feel loved. So frustrating.

Our lionhead bun came to us from rescue and was very reactive and also very protective of his spaces.

Had to spend a very long time bonding lying on the floor with tasty things and also read books to him for a few months before I could touch him willingly.

Took over 6 months to bond with our girl but even 2 years later he can be difficult more so with dear hubby.

Initially we had the vets deal with the matts and such, oddly for such a nervous boy at home he is usually intensely curious at the vets and only thumps them if things take too long...

Now we have treat in one person's hand while the other one brushes him out of his sight. But any touch of the ears or if a hand is in sight and he is off.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Back