Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bertie's ear - white mark

Default Bertie's ear - white mark

Bertie has always had a small white mark on his ear. Today I thought it looked more pronounced, so investigated and found it to be slightly raised with what feels like a scab under the fur. His inner ears look ok, and he lets me touch his ear so I assume it is not painful. I have spent ages googling war mires, but Bertie's ear doesn't look like any of the images. Unfortunately I don't have the facility to add a photo to RU.

Mimzy used to get wee bumps on his ears if I remember right. I think they turned out to be little calcium deposits under his skin and they'd always look a bit crusty. My dog, Jenna, gets them too, but I always thought they were due to age. Bertie isn't that old though, is he?

Hope you get an answer x

Wise Old Thumper

Sometimes it's impossible to see evidence of ear mites without using an otoscope. Where on his ear is the 'lump' ? Is it on the actual ear or the ear base ?

As the area appears to have changed recently I'd contact your Vet for advice
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Thanks for replies! Bertie's 'lump' is a couple of inches from the tip of his ear. He has long lop ears so this is close to tip than the join with his head. Bertie was a rescue so I don't know his age. I have had him 2 and a half years.

Hmm, if it was Lopsy I'd put it down to him catching it on a bramble/similar but I expect Bertie's not got anything to really catch it on?
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Hmm, if it was Lopsy I'd put it down to him catching it on a bramble/similar but I expect Bertie's not got anything to really catch it on?
    Not apart from his nails, which I'll admit could do with a proper trim. There is no redness that I can see. I will try to have another look.

Bertie has an appointment at 6pm tonight.

Bertie now has a cancellation for 2.45pm. Hope I manage to get him in here s carrier at the requisite moment!

Wise Old Thumper

Good luck! Hope it is something and nothing!