Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diagnosis little old lady

Default Diagnosis little old lady

I took Mousey to Crab Lane to see Ruth (my favourite ) today. I was really worried about her eyes (regular discharge on fur needs cleaning), ears (her right one has been bothering her this weekend), teeth (her poo isn't big enough & she doesn't eat dried nuggets). Her legs are also looking worse, curling in at the back. So I've been petrified she'd need a GA either for a dental or diagnostics.

Ruth said she is actually looking pretty good. She agreed her legs are worse but spoke about how its the coping that counts: she doesn't sit in wee or poo, she doesn't move less, no sore hocks.

Ruth said pretty much the same as Paul re: her eyes. Its not unsual for them to get a tad gunky as they get older but her eyes themselves are bright & there is no soreness or furloss - so basically Joey or I should continue with what we've been doing.

Her teeth are showing signs of slowing growth at the top. Her bottom ones have appropriate points. Nothing requiring intervention yet anyway. She still likes her hay

A huge chunk of wax was evicted from her right ear. I bet that feels better.

So in conclusion its managing her as she slowly (I hope) falls to pieces. Not Ruths words I might add.

My brave little old lady, back from her trip

[IMG][/IMG]

Lovely Mouse Glad to hear she's getting old gracefully! I fully expect Lopsy to top himself doing a daft stunt or falling off something rather than anything graceful, he's never done graceful in his life. Mouse though, the eternal dove-bunny Doves are graceful, right?
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her/any.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Lovely Mouse Glad to hear she's getting old gracefully! I fully expect Lopsy to top himself doing a daft stunt or falling off something rather than anything graceful, he's never done graceful in his life. Mouse though, the eternal dove-bunny Doves are graceful, right?
    Thank You.

Believe me Mousey is a full paid up member of Lopsys clumbsy club. I'll take that she is graceful in spirit - maybe

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Awww bless her, her ear probably became gunky as she may not be able to scratch her ears too well if she’s very arthritic. Did Ruth suggest an ear cleaner you could apply that should help prevent a big build up of wax ?

I am glad that a Dental is not needed at the moment x

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Wise Old Thumper

Lovely little old lady One of our special golden oldies

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post

Awww bless her, her ear probably became gunky as she may not be able to scratch her ears too well if she’s very arthritic. Did Ruth suggest an ear cleaner you could apply that should help prevent a big build up of wax ?

I am glad that a Dental is not needed at the moment x
    Somehow she does manage to get her foot in there most times & can chow down on her foot too. On Saturday it was upsetting her & she was overshooting her ear & scratching her head. Yes I can imaging this might be ongoing. No cleaners were mentioned. Is it just a product that you put in? Thing is when we try & look in Mouses ears we can't see a thing. Thanks Jj

Oh bless her, well done Mousie pie we "older" girls need to stick together
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Lovely little old lady One of our special golden oldies
    She's not even "old" afaik. The police took her to Camp Nibble on 27th April 2013 (I extracted this date from them recently), she was an adult then. I'm not sure how easy it is to tell bunnies age before they start ageing? Camp Nibble had her age guesstimated at 4-5 & I've had her since May 2015 Still its about how they are, not how old they are in numbers. Its a priviledge to look after her in her old age

actually may have been guesstimated at 3-4 - that makes more sense as her imaginary birthdays is in Nov & I had her at 9 this year

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Somehow she does manage to get her foot in there most times & can chow down on her foot too. On Saturday it was upsetting her & she was overshooting her ear & scratching her head. Yes I can imaging this might be ongoing. No cleaners were mentioned. Is it just a product that you put in? Thing is when we try & look in Mouses ears we can't see a thing. Thanks Jj
    Yes, an ear cleaner is just a solution that is applied into the ear canals. A basic otoscope may be useful to purchase if she does have an ongoing issue with gunky ears x

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !