• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Penelope injured leg :(

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, I'll let Penelope know she's got lot of hoomans rooting for her :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yea they're still together, I've been watching them really carefully, I think it's her not grooming herself [emoji38] good job I didn't panic [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

You are so tuned into the bunnies. Good to know they have each other for support.

You are so tuned into the bunnies. Good to know they have each other for support.
Not really, I was almost sure Apricot was attacking her [emoji51][emoji38] it's just she started coming over trying to steal Penelope's food when she'd finished hers which was new behaviour, it scared me a bit, because Penelope was eating slower.. I just made sure Penelope got her amount, now its still happening but Penelope is quicker at eating so it is less of a problem. Apricot does come over to Penelope tho and goes to her mouth to see if there's something to be taken.. That's probably not the best bunny behaviour [emoji849]

Not really, I was almost sure Apricot was attacking her [emoji51][emoji38] it's just she started coming over trying to steal Penelope's food when she'd finished hers which was new behaviour, it scared me a bit, because Penelope was eating slower.. I just made sure Penelope got her amount, now its still happening but Penelope is quicker at eating so it is less of a problem. Apricot does come over to Penelope tho and goes to her mouth to see if there's something to be taken.. That's probably not the best bunny behaviour [emoji849]

Standard bunny behaviour in our house

How is P doing now that she had almost 2 weeks post surgery to recover?
She's pretty much the same really, still got a while before she gets a little more space, she's not putting weight on it much, but I've seen it down a few times, she has hopped normally, but still mostly holds it up, I'm not too sure how long it should take before she should be putting weight on it normally again tbh [emoji51] just giving her time really

Continuing best wishes from Bertieville. xx
Thanks susie bun [emoji7] Penelope is still doing really well, I'm not sure at what point she's meant to be moving normally though, that's the only thing, I'll probably call and talk to William about it I think xx

Back