• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Penelope injured leg :(

Just come on for an update and am pleased to see Penelope is coping. Continuing vibes from Bertieville. xx

Yea she's doing a load better than I thought. Tbh I was worried it would all be too much for her, she's a lovely bun, but doesn't like being picked up at all, and she can be quite unsure if there's a strange noise or you don't announce yourself and talk to her so she knows who you are [emoji38] so I was concerned she wouldn't be okay with the extra care, but she's doing brilliantly. So hopefully after the op I won't have to pick her up either which will be a bonus, because Clementine was really good at taking all her different painkillers after her knee op, I never had to worry about hurting her legs by handling her, so I'm hoping this will be the same. Fingers crossed anyway! Tramadol doesn't taste very nice so bit worried about that one [emoji38] x

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

She probably has very poor eyesight, Aoife is exactly the same xx

I'm glad Penelope seems to be coping well!! ❤ I am eternally grateful for Luna & her willingness to take medicine, even piriton which is minty. she's very well behaved. always makes it easier, and Ori has actually learned from her!!

She probably has very poor eyesight, Aoife is exactly the same xx
Yea she relies on Apricot a lot tbh, my normal vet said Penelope is blind, Apricot doesn't have great eye sight, but she's definitely got some, she's very confident [emoji38] I think it's a shame these types of buns suffer so much with their eyesight xx

I'm glad Penelope seems to be coping well!! [emoji173] I am eternally grateful for Luna & her willingness to take medicine, even piriton which is minty. she's very well behaved. always makes it easier, and Ori has actually learned from her!!

Yea it's always easier isn't it :) Clementine used to take tramadol and Baytril like it too, which I've never understood... Emeprid though, she likes to spit out back at you [emoji38]

Yea it's always easier isn't it :) Clementine used to take tramadol and Baytril like it too, which I've never understood... Emeprid though, she likes to spit out back at you [emoji38]

uggh don't, Snoopy had a knack for sharing his medicine with me :mrgreen: rank, quite honestly. he was so wriggly so I'd end up in some weird position having to use my head to keep him from wriggling, didn't have enough hands. I always felt sorry for him. its how I can indeed confirm metacam is sweet, and most others are disgusting :lol: medicine time with snoopy was some weird arm yoga ngl!

Ori won't take anything but metacam tho, doesn't like mint. if I give mint herbs, he pees on them. I always have to take luna out to feed her a few pieces of mint as she quite likes it, or demon pee bother runs in to show his disgust

uggh don't, Snoopy had a knack for sharing his medicine with me :mrgreen: rank, quite honestly. he was so wriggly so I'd end up in some weird position having to use my head to keep him from wriggling, didn't have enough hands. I always felt sorry for him. its how I can indeed confirm metacam is sweet, and most others are disgusting [emoji38] medicine time with snoopy was some weird arm yoga ngl!

Ori won't take anything but metacam tho, doesn't like mint. if I give mint herbs, he pees on them. I always have to take luna out to feed her a few pieces of mint as she quite likes it, or demon pee bother runs in to show his disgust
Ah yes.. I've sadly tasted a few bunny meds as well, tramadol, cisapride and emeprid, Atticus likes to share... Also recovery food [emoji51][emoji51]

Sending vibes your lovely Penelope does well with her op and takes her meds nicely.
Thank you :)

This is her this morning, I'm glad she's still seeming bright in herself
2f2d8ab67223773c1b0a9936a844719c.jpg

Back