Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 278

Thread: Penelope injured leg :(

  1. #151
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    21,607

    Default

    Do you have timescales for seeing Specialist? I think that might affect my decision. Is her pain well managed at mo? xx

  2. #152
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Do you have timescales for seeing Specialist? I think that might affect my decision. Is her pain well managed at mo? xx
    Yea I rang up, they said they'd find out tomorrow, I think that will influence it massively tbh. William said the specialist goes all over the place and it just depends when he has availability, so if it was a really long wait, I think I'd go with William.. Thinking if it's next week though, I'll go with the specialist.. They're waiting on a piece of equipment atm anyway, so no one can operate til William has that.

    Hard to know really, she's on loxicom twice a day, she's eating, looks a little unsure, but I think that's because she can't move easily etc, it's so hard to know! xx

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  3. #153
    Wise Old Thumper susie bun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    39,971

    Default

    Continuing good wishes from Bertieville! xx

  4. #154
    Warren Veteran mikek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    6,483

    Default

    i'm so sorry to read about Penelope's leg and sorry I haven't said this sooner - just noticed the thread.
    sending her my best wishes and Pepper & Tulip are sending nose rubs too.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    if you're reading this it's too late.

  5. #155
    Forum Buddy Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    12,664

    Default

    Sending more vibes for Penelopes leggie, hope you can decide a plan for her Graciee xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  6. #156
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,142

    Default

    Thanks everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Sending more vibes for Penelopes leggie, hope you can decide a plan for her Graciee xx
    Me too! Gunna try get a time frame for ortho surgeon today. She's such an angel though, she takes her medicine straight from the syringe in her hutch, so I don't have to pick her up or anything. She's making my life really easy atm Evelyn had just woke up this morning when her meds were due, so I was holding her, and Penelope was an angel so thankful tbh. She's seeming okay in herself still, but they're both confined to one level of the hutch still, I'm worried she could hurt herself on the ramp or in the run.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  7. #157
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    145,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Thanks everyone Me too! Gunna try get a time frame for ortho surgeon today. She's such an angel though, she takes her medicine straight from the syringe in her hutch, so I don't have to pick her up or anything. She's making my life really easy atm Evelyn had just woke up this morning when her meds were due, so I was holding her, and Penelope was an angel so thankful tbh. She's seeming okay in herself still, but they're both confined to one level of the hutch still, I'm worried she could hurt herself on the ramp or in the run.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    So pleased to hear that Penelope is coping with everything You are wise to keep her on one level as I expect William explained that when a CL has been ruptured the other hind limb can be damaged if the animal over-uses it to compensate for not being able to take much/any weight on the injured one x
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

  8. #158
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    23,663

    Default

    I hope that you are able to make arrangements for the op today and that you feel happy with whatever decision you make. It certainly sounds as though Penelope is being as helpful as she can be. Despite her injury she must be feeling quite a relaxed bunny

  9. #159
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    So pleased to hear that Penelope is coping with everything You are wise to keep her on one level as I expect William explained that when a CL has been ruptured the other hind limb can be damaged if the animal over-uses it to compensate for not being able to take much/any weight on the injured one x
    Yea she's doing a load better than I thought. Tbh I was worried it would all be too much for her, she's a lovely bun, but doesn't like being picked up at all, and she can be quite unsure if there's a strange noise or you don't announce yourself and talk to her so she knows who you are so I was concerned she wouldn't be okay with the extra care, but she's doing brilliantly. So hopefully after the op I won't have to pick her up either which will be a bonus, because Clementine was really good at taking all her different painkillers after her knee op, I never had to worry about hurting her legs by handling her, so I'm hoping this will be the same. Fingers crossed anyway! Tramadol doesn't taste very nice so bit worried about that one x

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  10. #160
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I hope that you are able to make arrangements for the op today and that you feel happy with whatever decision you make. It certainly sounds as though Penelope is being as helpful as she can be. Despite her injury she must be feeling quite a relaxed bunny
    Same, the piece of equipment, I think it's a drill bit, is supposed to arrive today, so if it does, hopefully we can get her booked in yea she's being so good bless her, she's eating really well still too. Which is such a relief. I really thought this was going to go in another direction on Saturday night when I first saw her.

    It's a lot of work because Michaels working and I'm doing animals, and baby on my own, but I'm so glad I've not got to work rn, so I can keep a really close eye on Penelope

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •