Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Penelope injured leg :(

Thinking of you and sending more hugs and vibes xx

Thanks everyone, still thinking about it. Her eye looks much better this morning, almost back to normal which is great she's such an angel, takes her loxicom straight from the syringe like it's a treat

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bless her it must be such a hard decision to have to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Bless her it must be such a hard decision to have to make.
    Yea, I really don't know, I'm tempted to go with William because I trust him, tbh if I needed an operation I'd probably want William to do it but then I'm worried I'm not picking the best thing for her? Plus William said the orthopaedic surgeon is really excellent... So the fact that he says that, he must be.. I'm worried I'm picking the known option but just because it don't know the orthopaedic guy doesn't mean anything.. I guess it's fear of the unknown. I know William would do an amazing job. If anyone had to operate on any of my animals I'd want it to be William or Ivone, every time. Clementines surgery was much more complex, so it was a bit different.. So tricky! The money doesn't bother me, it's just knowing which is best, vs what feels more comfortable to me I think (which shouldn't really factor in, but it's influencing me) William would be there either way though which is comforting.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Yea, I really don't know, I'm tempted to go with William because I trust him, tbh if I needed an operation I'd probably want William to do it but then I'm worried I'm not picking the best thing for her? Plus William said the orthopaedic surgeon is really excellent... So the fact that he says that, he must be.. I'm worried I'm picking the known option but just because it don't know the orthopaedic guy doesn't mean anything.. I guess it's fear of the unknown. I know William would do an amazing job. If anyone had to operate on any of my animals I'd want it to be William or Ivone, every time. Clementines surgery was much more complex, so it was a bit different.. So tricky! The money doesn't bother me, it's just knowing which is best, vs what feels more comfortable to me I think (which shouldn't really factor in, but it's influencing me) William would be there either way though which is comforting.

This is what I was thinking as well

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

It's not often a rabbit owner has the dilemma of having to choose between two experts, normally we struggle to find just one!

I have to admit that I'm swinging backwards and forwards myself on this one. I think the advantage of going with the orthopaedic surgeon is that William is still going to be present during the op. So essentially you wouldn't have to choose as you'd have both of them. Kind of like double bagging!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Wise Old Thumper

I know only you can make the decision but if finances permit and as long as William will definitely be present during the Surgery I'd want the Orthopod Vet to do the actual surgery and William the GA/monitoring. As J+B pointed out having an Exotics Vet do the GA would be a real bonus. That way Penelope will have 2 Vets and a VN in attendance. Each Vet carrying out their own individual specialities Good luck with whatever you decide xx
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I know only you can make the decision but if finances permit and as long as William will definitely be present during the Surgery I'd want the Orthopod Vet to do the actual surgery and William the GA/monitoring. As J+B pointed out having an Exotics Vet do the GA would be a real bonus. That way Penelope will have 2 Vets and a VN in attendance. Each Vet carrying out their own individual specialities Good luck with whatever you decide xx
    I might come to a different conclusion if I were in your shoes and knew William personally etc, but Jane's thoughts mirror exactly what I have been thinking since yesterday evening.

Sending hugs. These decisions are really tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I agree with this xx

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I might come to a different conclusion if I were in your shoes and knew William personally etc, but Jane's thoughts mirror exactly what I have been thinking since yesterday evening.

Sending hugs. These decisions are really tough.
    I think I would take this,route to and agree with Jane.
    Best of luck with whatever happens