Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Penelope injured leg :(

Wise Old Thumper

Gosh Graciee Sending her loads and loads of vibes. I hope all goes well today.

Wise Old Thumper

Poor girlie I have known of 2 cases of RCLs in Rabbits, both Bunnies were large breed. Both made a full recovery after surgery.

Sending lots more vibes for her xx
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Poor girlie I have known of 2 cases of RCLs in Rabbits, both Bunnies were large breed. Both made a full recovery after surgery.

Sending lots more vibes for her xx
    Do you know if they were in pain with it? Thanks xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by binkyCodie View Post
    oh gosh Gracie :[ what a worry. sending lots of good vibes for her that is "nothing else", & that she handles the sedation well. I know how it feels with Luna - she handles it terribly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Gosh Graciee Sending her loads and loads of vibes. I hope all goes well today.
    Thanks both xx

Oh gosh, I've only seen this in dogs/and only one case of a cat. Glad you have a very knowledgeable vet and similar experience with Clementine though which means she'll be in the best of hands. Thinking of you all xx

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

loads of successful op vibes for Penelope xx

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Do you know if they were in pain with it? Thanks xx

They were but the pain was well managed with a combo of oral anti- inflammatories and analgesic patches. The worst part was having to significantly restrict their activity for about 2 months after surgery.
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Oh gosh, I've only seen this in dogs/and only one case of a cat. Glad you have a very knowledgeable vet and similar experience with Clementine though which means she'll be in the best of hands. Thinking of you all xx
    Urgh Idk about that, Clementine made life easy back then, she's such a warrior. Penelope doesn't like been handled, is quite delicate and doesn't do well with medical stuff I'm worried if it's a lot to put her through tbh, if it's only that, that's wrong, I want to go for it, but I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    They were but the pain was well managed with a combo of oral anti- inflammatories and analgesic patches. The worst part was having to significantly restrict their activity for about 2 months after surgery.
    See William said a week to ten days of restricted space, but let her hop.. Which Idk he said Clementines wouldn't be too bad, but she ended up not being allowed to hop for at least 2 months... I know its different but I'm worried it's going to be worse than he suggested.

I can keep them upstairs in the hutch, it's 6ft long, must be 2.5ft deep, and Idk how tall but they can stand up and have loads of room above them... But what about Apricot what would you do if it was you?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    See William said a week to ten days of restricted space, but let her hop.. Which Idk he said Clementines wouldn't be too bad, but she ended up not being allowed to hop for at least 2 months... I know its different but I'm worried it's going to be worse than he suggested.

I can keep them upstairs in the hutch, it's 6ft long, must be 2.5ft deep, and Idk how tall but they can stand up and have loads of room above them... But what about Apricot what would you do if it was you?

I'd try hard not to overthink it all and imagine worst case scenario. I'd fail and C would have to give me one of her firm talkings too !!

Seriously though, William is a very Rabbit savvy Vet so be guided by him. Yes, complications can occur, recovery times can be longer than hoped. But there is no point in stressing about what has not yet happened.

If Penelope needs to be confined for several weeks maybe Michael could put Apricot out in their big accommodation for a few hours a day, just to let her stretch her legs. Just play it by ear, see how things pan out.