Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 278

Thread: Penelope injured leg :(

  1. #71
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    23,663

    Default

    Gosh Graciee Sending her loads and loads of vibes. I hope all goes well today.

  2. #72
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    145,102

    Default

    Poor girlie I have known of 2 cases of RCLs in Rabbits, both Bunnies were large breed. Both made a full recovery after surgery.

    Sending lots more vibes for her xx
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

  3. #73
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Poor girlie I have known of 2 cases of RCLs in Rabbits, both Bunnies were large breed. Both made a full recovery after surgery.

    Sending lots more vibes for her xx
    Do you know if they were in pain with it? Thanks xx

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  4. #74
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by binkyCodie View Post
    oh gosh Gracie :[ what a worry. sending lots of good vibes for her that is "nothing else", & that she handles the sedation well. I know how it feels with Luna - she handles it terribly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Gosh Graciee Sending her loads and loads of vibes. I hope all goes well today.
    Thanks both xx

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #75
    Forum Buddy Liz47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    10,542

    Default

    Oh gosh, I've only seen this in dogs/and only one case of a cat. Glad you have a very knowledgeable vet and similar experience with Clementine though which means she'll be in the best of hands. Thinking of you all xx

    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  6. #76
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    21,607

    Default

    loads of successful op vibes for Penelope xx

  7. #77
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    145,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Do you know if they were in pain with it? Thanks xx

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    They were but the pain was well managed with a combo of oral anti- inflammatories and analgesic patches. The worst part was having to significantly restrict their activity for about 2 months after surgery.
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

  8. #78
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Oh gosh, I've only seen this in dogs/and only one case of a cat. Glad you have a very knowledgeable vet and similar experience with Clementine though which means she'll be in the best of hands. Thinking of you all xx
    Urgh Idk about that, Clementine made life easy back then, she's such a warrior. Penelope doesn't like been handled, is quite delicate and doesn't do well with medical stuff I'm worried if it's a lot to put her through tbh, if it's only that, that's wrong, I want to go for it, but I'm worried.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  9. #79
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    They were but the pain was well managed with a combo of oral anti- inflammatories and analgesic patches. The worst part was having to significantly restrict their activity for about 2 months after surgery.
    See William said a week to ten days of restricted space, but let her hop.. Which Idk he said Clementines wouldn't be too bad, but she ended up not being allowed to hop for at least 2 months... I know its different but I'm worried it's going to be worse than he suggested.

    I can keep them upstairs in the hutch, it's 6ft long, must be 2.5ft deep, and Idk how tall but they can stand up and have loads of room above them... But what about Apricot what would you do if it was you?

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  10. #80
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    145,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    See William said a week to ten days of restricted space, but let her hop.. Which Idk he said Clementines wouldn't be too bad, but she ended up not being allowed to hop for at least 2 months... I know its different but I'm worried it's going to be worse than he suggested.

    I can keep them upstairs in the hutch, it's 6ft long, must be 2.5ft deep, and Idk how tall but they can stand up and have loads of room above them... But what about Apricot what would you do if it was you?

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I'd try hard not to overthink it all and imagine worst case scenario. I'd fail and C would have to give me one of her firm talkings too !!

    Seriously though, William is a very Rabbit savvy Vet so be guided by him. Yes, complications can occur, recovery times can be longer than hoped. But there is no point in stressing about what has not yet happened.

    If Penelope needs to be confined for several weeks maybe Michael could put Apricot out in their big accommodation for a few hours a day, just to let her stretch her legs. Just play it by ear, see how things pan out.
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •