• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time out

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Joey & Boo played out today - its been a while. Boo was really hesitant initially (I doubt she has any vision now) . 2 rounds later & she was moving pretty confidently:love: Pretty amazing given how little used that territory is. It took 2 hours before they retired to the bothy for a snooze which has to be a record.
The only thing she did struggle with was when I carried her through the house & popped her on the bottom stair she seemed really confused. Then I realised she hasn't navigated the stairs since carpet put down so that would have messed with her memories & senses

Boo
dUExK88l.jpg

kEBrLazl.jpg

Joey & Boo played out today - its been a while. Boo was really hesitant initially (I doubt she has any vision now) . 2 rounds later & she was moving pretty confidently:love: Pretty amazing given how little used that territory is. It took 2 hours before they retired to the bothy for a snooze which has to be a record.
The only thing she did struggle with was when I carried her through the house & popped her on the bottom stair she seemed really confused. Then I realised she hasn't navigated the stairs since carpet put down so that would have messed with her memories & senses

Boo
dUExK88l.jpg
[/IMG]

kEBrLazl.jpg
[/IMG]

Aww what lovely pics :love: And I'm glad she found the Dandelion that you left growing for her.

ETA Hello Joey :wave: I think Boo's eaten the Dandelion :)

Aww what lovely pics :love: And I'm glad she found the Dandelion that you left growing for her.

ETA Hello Joey :wave: I think Boo's eaten the Dandelion :)

that's actually a vine leaf in her mouth - but don't tell Bob. He wants it to grow up the trellis (as do I) but its one of her absolute favourites

that's actually a vine leaf in her mouth - but don't tell Bob. He wants it to grow up the trellis (as do I) but its one of her absolute favourites

Ah, perhaps I should register for that Botany course that I keep thinking about :lol: I think Vine leaves must be similar to Hop leaves, which are very popular here.

Ah, perhaps I should register for that Botany course that I keep thinking about :lol: I think Vine leaves must be similar to Hop leaves, which are very popular here.

The OGAFAL is on its knees but who else can walk in your shoes? so its time to up your game Omi, no room for sloppiness. We'll all chip in on the course

What season are hops? Are they climbers?

Yes, they climb, but the whole plant dies down each year, or is cut down, and regrows again in the Spring. They'll climb to around 30ft. Ours are in flower at the moment and the hops will develop in the Autumn. They produce many more shoots than is necessary and the bunnies eat the shoots plus leaves.

I think that's different to Vines (not really sure though as I've never grown them), where I think the Vine is permanent and you just prune side shoots?

The OGAFAL is on its knees but who else can walk in your shoes? so its time to up your game Omi, no room for sloppiness. We'll all chip in on the course

The course is not a wildflower identification course, but a science-type course. I was thinking about it for the Winter. I used to hate any of the Sciences at school though :lol:

Lovely pictures - I really love seeing bunnies playing in the garden. Your garden is looking lovely too. I like their very own playbark that was a great idea :love: I would be scattering weed seeds in it :lol:

Lovely pics. Looks like they're having a grand old caper out in the garden [emoji173]

Also loving Joey's moult lines. Kind of looks like a wonky heart!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Joey and Boo, Lovely Pictures. :love:
I recall that they use hops in the making of beer.

::waves at Joey & Boo:: Great to see you outside!

Omi, botany fascinates me, but then I find science all pretty fascinating :D Hops can be very decorative when dried too, I see lots in pubs :)

Back