• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rups diet

If only you lived closer, I would lend you Tui. Guaranteed to cure you of that type of urge :lol: She's also a big fan of SD :)
LMAO Brilliant :D She sounds like our kind of bunny! Although I do like a windowsill cuddle with Lopsy sometimes :D

Hi, my bunnies have some pellets, some greens, hay - three different kinds, access to herbs, plants and grass outside.
He has toys stuff to chew on, stuff to throw about, stuff to leap over and on, he has access to the house to run and play.
He has company albeit behind a fence with Susan. He will go and sit in the sunshine (in the leanto) on a mat with the cat (the cat moves away) he will climb on the furniture but as yet hasn't eaten the wooden chairs or book cases!
We do have logs in the garden and some in the lounge where they are for the wood burner but they have been left alone. Even the basket for kindling. The basket for newspapers is however long eaten
When he came I was given (by rescue) a toy that on googling you give to rats and rodents to gnaw on. I was told it was his favourite. I have not given it to him as I am not sure of its appropriateness for rabbits.
Rups however insists on eating wall paper and rugs, he will if he can find it eat cardboard and paper - I have to beat him to the postman!
He gets sticks from the apple tree, plum tree and raspberry canes, blackberry brambles and because i didnt put it high enough part of my fig tree :(
At his last vets check (early July) for his vac's his teeth were checked and fine.
Oh and he is in massive moult down, he looks like he needs hoovering!

Could it be he is missing something from his diet? Is there something else I can give him. Advice would be really welcome.

I do worry about buns eating wallpaper due to possible fungicide in the paste or in the size that is put on walls before papering is done.

Man ,my bridge pair Rio and Cleo were consummate wallpaper strippers.It was textured blown vinyl with layers of emulsion on it..they bloody loved it.It was a daily pastime of theirs .Tag team, one went one way the other another way,they knew I couldn't catch both of them at the same time as they ran about with strips of it hanging from thier gobs.Both would be lying supposedly in a deep sleep,my cue to go to the loo or another room.I would come back in and they would be behind the tv etc,the only remaining patch in the room..I'd shout and off they would run...Man I miss them.:lol:

Man ,my bridge pair Rio and Cleo were consummate wallpaper strippers.It was textured blown vinyl with layers of emulsion on it..they bloody loved it.It was a daily pastime of theirs .Tag team, one went one way the other another way,they knew I couldn't catch both of them at the same time as they ran about with strips of it hanging from thier gobs.Both would be lying supposedly in a deep sleep,my cue to go to the loo or another room.I would come back in and they would be behind the tv etc,the only remaining patch in the room..I'd shout and off they would run...Man I miss them.:lol:

They sound wonderful.

Aww, they sound like two super characters :love: Which one is that in your avatar?

Susan says she wont bring him unless you trade her for Joey - gin or no gin!

20200809_190722[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Susan wants to live with Boo in my bedroom :shock:- that'd be "interesting", or Suan wants to send Rupert & have Joey live with her?

Anyway I'm hugely jealous of your big cuddly rabbits & will take up your offer of sharing. Please send Susan & Rupert - I'll get the booze in, no point sending it with Susan

Maple, Susan and Boo would make an interesting trio. Just like Charlie’s angels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Susan wants to live with Boo in my bedroom :shock:- that'd be "interesting", or Suan wants to send Rupert & have Joey live with her?

Anyway I'm hugely jealous of your big cuddly rabbits & will take up your offer of sharing. Please send Susan & Rupert - I'll get the booze in, no point sending it with Susan

Ha ha, Susan is sending Rups and wants him replacing with Joey. I have been asked to say especially when he has that cute moult line over his nose!

Back