• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rups diet

HRH Grumpiness - she doesnt do mornings
20200608_185554 by mark andra, on Flickr

Breakfast
IMG-20190810-WA0000 by mark andra, on Flickr

Rups in full moult (pity I cant hoover him)
20200806_204001[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Waiting for a raspberry
20200806_204233[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Piddling in the grass - he has that peeing look dont you think?
20200806_202216[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Thank you for looking.

And thank you for sharing. Your bunnies are both very beautiful :love: And yes, that's definitely the concentrating on peeing look.

Breakfast

Waiting for a raspberry

Thank you for looking.
Adorable:love: we don’t see enough of them:love:

beautiful massive bunnies with uppy ears - perfect. I know they aren't 'together' but do they seem to like each other?

beautiful massive bunnies with uppy ears - perfect. I know they aren't 'together' but do they seem to like each other?

No, Rups is still doing the ear thing. If Susan goes past him, imagine sticking 2 fingers up at someone, he does that with his ears. Apart from that they eat, live, sleep, next to one another they eat treats nose to nose etc, its just when there is food or Susan is moving (luckily she doesnt move overly much) Rups was in a hoarders house with dogs so if it is possible for a bunny to be food aggressive he is. I have bought him a dogs anti gobble bowl as I swear he inhaled his food and I was worried about how much/fast he was eating. He does seem to be improving with this. He is also now up to the weight he should be, so hopefully he will now know he is always going to have access to food.

Is the 2 finger salute ear thing bad - I think it is?

No, Rups is still doing the ear thing. If Susan goes past him, imagine sticking 2 fingers up at someone, he does that with his ears. Apart from that they eat, live, sleep, next to one another they eat treats nose to nose etc, its just when there is food or Susan is moving (luckily she doesnt move overly much) Rups was in a hoarders house with dogs so if it is possible for a bunny to be food aggressive he is. I have bought him a dogs anti gobble bowl as I swear he inhaled his food and I was worried about how much/fast he was eating. He does seem to be improving with this. He is also now up to the weight he should be, so hopefully he will now know he is always going to have access to food.

Is the 2 finger salute ear thing bad - I think it is?

Expressing oneself is never bad if you're a bunny - a trifle rude maybe but at least he is honest.

Joey is a really gentle rabbit but has always been food aggressive. He was rescued at 16 weeks from a hoarding situation - I'd never put 2+2 together. IME the other bunnies just learn to play / eat similarily. Even little Mousey runs off with her food if its a single item (eg big sprout or kale leaf oppossed to a pile of forage)

Expressing oneself is never bad if you're a bunny - a trifle rude maybe but at least he is honest.

Joey is a really gentle rabbit but has always been food aggressive. He was rescued at 16 weeks from a hoarding situation - I'd never put 2+2 together. IME the other bunnies just learn to play / eat similarily. Even little Mousey runs off with her food if its a single item (eg big sprout or kale leaf oppossed to a pile of forage)

Ah, thank you. I have visions of Mouse with a huge sprout galloping across the rug to safety, :)

Breakfast

Waiting for a raspberry

Thank you for looking.

Oh my :love: :love: :love:

Such big and bunderful bunnies you have :love: very beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: food agressions and hoarding: Chibbs was always a single bun until she came here (she lived near another one or two), and she was very unfussed about food at first! But Lopsy's always been so food-oriented he 'teaches' his girls to 'fight' for their share :lol: So it would make sense in the opposite situation that they'd be actively aggressive.

Lovely to see the Big Buns :D

RE: food agressions and hoarding: Chibbs was always a single bun until she came here (she lived near another one or two), and she was very unfussed about food at first! But Lopsy's always been so food-oriented he 'teaches' his girls to 'fight' for their share :lol: So it would make sense in the opposite situation that they'd be actively aggressive.

Lovely to see the Big Buns :D

Thank you keletezes for that, it is really interesting to know about Chibbs, thank you.

I couldn't have big bunnies - think the urge to cuddle them would be too strong

Rups will seek you out for a snug - he bops your legs until you sit and then he snugs up for strokes and cuddles. He will climb on your lap too. Shall I put him in the car with Susan next time she drives to yours to drink gin?

Back