• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Maple

If fur has been seen on the x-ray and she doesn't groom Dennis, then you would think it must be her own. Or, it could also be that Dennis is shedding very small amounts of fur, which is amongst the hay that she is then eating. For example, Tui has been shedding white fur for months. Because it's pure white, it's very visible in the shed.

You might get some clues as to what it is once she starts to pass it. I don't think it's a stone out of the forage, as it would have been identified as such on the x-ray.

If fur has been seen on the x-ray and she doesn't groom Dennis, then you would think it must be her own. Or, it could also be that Dennis is shedding very small amounts of fur, which is amongst the hay that she is then eating. For example, Tui has been shedding white fur for months. Because it's pure white, it's very visible in the shed.

You might get some clues as to what it is once she starts to pass it. I don't think it's a stone out of the forage, as it would have been identified as such on the x-ray.

Dennis is dark so it would be difficult to see I suppose. I find stasis particularly stressful because you want to stop this from happening again yet there are so many different things which could do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis is dark so it would be difficult to see I suppose. I find stasis particularly stressful because you want to stop this from happening again yet there are so many different things which could do it

And so often it's the combination of things which tips the balance, so that what causes a problem on one day, won't on another. As you remarked, her diet hasn't changed for months, so I don't think you should be looking to make helpful changes to it.

What is the highest your velvet buns have been?

23 is the highest I've had. Sounds positive that the level has decreased a little, I really hope Maple can pass the fur x

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Just updating myself on this. Please she is slowly improving.

Topping up further vibes.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Checking in and hoping Maple is doing better. You'll be in my thoughts all day today. (((((Huge hugs)))))) xxxxx

Ok vet has just rang...we have eating and pooping. They want to look after her tonight to make sure she’s still doing okay

Ok vet has just rang...we have eating and pooping. They want to look after her tonight to make sure she’s still doing okay

brilliant, such happy news. Pooping & eating. Did you get BG update?

Sending millions of vibes for Maple. Glad to read she is eating and pooping. Fingers and paws crossed for her and hope she has a comfortable night at the vet hospital. Xx

brilliant, such happy news. Pooping & eating. Did you get BG update?

No they spoke to Joe as I nipped out to the garden and left him with my phone in case they rang. He didn’t know to ask. Always the way! I won’t be happy till she is home tomorrow. Thank you everyone for the support and vibes xx

Back