• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Daphne

Dad has apparently set alarms on his phone etc for Daphnes medicines and feeding times.

On the plus side, she was just actively looking for food and eating and leaving little piles of semi-normal poos. So its not all bad.
8bc73085c98dd4d4993eb14c6f92522f.jpg

Your Dad is a star !! :love: It looks as though Daphne is coping a bit better now. I am sure that it must be scary for a Bunny when their world goes all wobbly. Although Bunnies cannot vomit they may feel nauseous. Vestibular disease can cause horrible nausea. Some people have found that drugs such as Stemetil or Prochlorperazine helps with the 'dizziness/possible nausea.

I expect you already know about this Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HelpforHeadTiltHoppers/

Sending more vibes for Daphne xx

Stable is good. so is eating. It sounds like she is doing well. Based on your parents dedication to her, you may now be their second favorite child.:D

Your Dad is a star !! :love: It looks as though Daphne is coping a bit better now. I am sure that it must be scary for a Bunny when their world goes all wobbly. Although Bunnies cannot vomit they may feel nauseous. Vestibular disease can cause horrible nausea. Some people have found that drugs such as Stemetil or Prochlorperazine helps with the 'dizziness/possible nausea.

Definitely helped me!

Topping up the vibes xx

Sending lots more vibes for Daphne. I hope she's had a good night, keeps eating by herself and remains stable. Sending hugs to your parents. They deserve to be honorary members of RU :love:

Last but not least, sending you lots of hugs too. You must be shattered!

Ah, Jane reminds me, yes...we got Mimzy a bunny version of meclizine to help with his dizziness. It was a little blue pill (no, not THAT one!) and I had to grind it up with water and syringe it in. It got all over his face, must've tasted vile, and I'd quote Yellow Submarine: "Here Your Blueness, have some nasty medicine." Of course he had no idea what I was on about and always got a nice sprig of fresh mint leaves as a treat for being a good boy and putting up with his bonkers mum. :lol:

Loving all the pix of the bunnies. And I get setting alarms for meds, I wouldn't remember half of Jenna's if my phone wasn't filled with them! :roll:

Hoping Daphne continues to improve. xxxxx

AM update :

I was sent a video of Daphne looking for food at breakfast time with Phoebe.

They have to leave the run but Daphne does come out to eat of her own accord which is a beautiful sight.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

AM update :

They have to leave the run but Daphne does come out to eat of her own accord which is a beautiful sight.

That's great news, what a relief ! well done bunnies, mum and grandbunparents xx

That is very interesting. I never knew about the nausea.

AM update :

Lovely update.:love:

I'm happy with her progress tonight so won't be visiting during the weekend unless she goes downhill again.

She now looks like she is permanently contemplating everything.

Last couple pictures added.... contemplating the taste of the willow & contemplating the best position to go potty.

She's hopping around, having a look at all the toys etc so seems quite comfortable and happy. Even practicing spoofing again with Phoebe.
98c741879b99cfa3f68c51bb39ef5841.jpg
ea3a4f7ff03834616d36694b153c3cb5.jpg
8efd86cf87a0f94de36c1f4a24af020e.jpg

Beautiful pics :love: I'm so pleased that you're happy with her progress. What a lovely feast of Willow.

Back