Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vibes for Daphne

Quote Originally Posted by MimzMum View Post
    Sorry to hear Daphne is unwell. Having had two bunnies who went through head tilt/EC issues I'd say better panacur than not at all. I don't think it has negative effects if there's no need for it and head tilt can get really bad really quickly if it sets in.
    I hope she will improve overnight and that this has been nipped in the bud. Thinking of you and sending healing vibes your way. xxxx
    I was going to ask mum to get some just in case but forgot. Hopefully waiting until tomorrow wont make her too bad
    I've warned that if it is EC it could leave her with a permanent head tilt/balance issues.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Mimzy did have a 90 degree tilt for months after his initial battle with the illness, but over the years he began to come back to more of a 45 degree tilt. And of course it was so weird to see him under anesthesia and have his head be totally normal upon waking and before the sedative wore off completely. As soon as those vestibular nerves woke up though, click and he was back to seeing the world sideways again!

The good thing is you have metacam into her already and that reduces a lot of the inflammation associated with this condition. But I'd go ahead and do the panacur first thing if you can get it early in the a.m. Has the vet given you a dose to use on her and Phoebe?

so sorry to hear about Daphne. I hope things improve soon xxx
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Sending Daphne millions of vibes xxx

Quote Originally Posted by MimzMum View Post
    Mimzy did have a 90 degree tilt for months after his initial battle with the illness, but over the years he began to come back to more of a 45 degree tilt. And of course it was so weird to see him under anesthesia and have his head be totally normal upon waking and before the sedative wore off completely. As soon as those vestibular nerves woke up though, click and he was back to seeing the world sideways again!

The good thing is you have metacam into her already and that reduces a lot of the inflammation associated with this condition. But I'd go ahead and do the panacur first thing if you can get it early in the a.m. Has the vet given you a dose to use on her and Phoebe?
    Haven't been provided any panacur which has me concerned about this vets. They've also only got her on metacam once a day.

I live an hour away and back at home now. I'll be calling the vets in the morning and requesting it, that way I can pay over the phone for my dad to collect to give to her ASAP.

My vet and I took Mimzy's once daily dose of metacam, which was a maximum of 0.6 mls a day for most of his life due to early onset arthritis, and split it into two 0.3 mls doses given 12 hours apart for more effective coverage. It's something you can only do with rabbits, apparently, as my current vet would not agree to allow me to split my dog, Jenna's, dose like this. They just metabolize it differently.

Sending lots of positive vibes for a full recovery.

Thank you everyone for the support.

I had an update just past 6am. She accepted her syringe feed well and took medicine well. She still has a head tilt but not sure if its become worse or stayed stable.

She doesn't appear to be eating of her own accord. Not due to a lack of appetite from what I saw last night. Could it be that she's struggling to locate her food with the tilt/dizzy feeling?

Calling the vets during my break today to discuss the treatment plan with them. I don't believe they would prescribe the liquid as there is a licenced alternative which is what i believe they'll try to give me but i would like to discuss the possibility of needed antibiotics. As shes eating/taking feeding well I cant imagine they'll want her to go back in for that.

Once I finish work I'll go buy some panacur 10% liquid and drive straight to her and spend the afternoon/evening with her. If need be I can stay over night, tonight as well.

I did think something was off with her last time I visited but was nothing to see as she was her usual sassy self, munching away on everything in sight and hating me.for doing nail cutting. I've been dreaming about them a lot too, which is normally a sign something is wrong.

Sending lots of vibes for her xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Sending lots more vibes for your girl, hope you get everything sorted with vets xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES