• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is Jasper pulling his fur out ???

Suzi Wong

Mama Doe
For the last few days we have noticed Jasper messing between his legs :oops:
At first we thought he was trying to pull out the stitches from his castration, but we've since noticed him doing it on his belly ears legs and chest, then he seems to be pulling a funny face when he chews it you should see his little face its so cute almost like he's trying to chew with his nose stuck up in the air.( He looks as though he is actually eating it too).

I thought the funny chewing thing was probably teeth problems but the vet had a look at his teeth last week when we were there and he said they were ok but could see a tiny spur right at the back and to cut out the dried food for a few days and leave him on only hay, we've been doing this but he seems totally starving, when we let him out he goes mad round the kitchen floor looking for any scraps he can get hold of I mean REALLY MAD :roll:

Anyway I know there's lots of questions here so I'll shut up now but I would be grateful for ANY help.

Sue...

Well, if you hadn't just had him castrated I'd ask if you were sure he wasn't a girl :wink: I guess if he's just been snipped that rules that out.

Have you checked his skin? Could he be itchy? Mites can flare up after a stressful event.

Tam

Back