• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newly bonded behaviour

Nibbles06

New Kit
Recently we adopted a 3 year old male bunny as a partner for our 5 year old female bunny. They are on their third day together and bonding is going well. However he keeps trying to pull her tail, this is the only time they get grumpy with each other now. He is far smaller than she is and very very lively and just keeps getting hold of her tail and pulling it. Is this normal? (They sit, eat, play and groom each other now despite a few terratorial grumps on the first day.)

Do you know whether your male bunny was bonded previously? It may just be over-excitement :) My female bunny used to nip my male bunny's bum when they were newly bonded, but it soon subsided.

I think that I would just observe them closely and, as long as your female doesn't object and become aggressive in response, I would wait and hope that he soon stops.

Both neutered, they both had previous partners but maybe right about the excitement, he has barely stopped to rest since he got here just bouncing everywhere. I hope he calms down a little.

Back