• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Madelyn (Maddie) my sweet princess, my once in a lifetime love. 10/21/14 to 7/24/20

Thank you to all for the comforting thoughts.
By the time I post this it will be exactly two weeks since I lost my sweet and beautiful lap bunny. She loved having her thick long fuzzy head groomed, yet I know I enjoyed doing it as much as she enjoyed having it done. I expected to have her in my life for many more years and I cannot believe she was taken from me so soon.
Her friends Heidi and Raven are trying to help me through this loss; yet Maddie always knew how to make me smile.

Last edited:
I miss you so much Maddie. Last night I did not sleep and you were not here to calm my thoughts as you filled my heart with happiness with each stroke of my beautiful girl.
Heidi and Raven are trying ,yet you were a once in a lifetime angel who came in the form of a bunny.

My dear Maddie, My special girl.
You had to leave me eight weeks ago today and my heart is heavy because you are not where you belong-sitting on my lap as I groomed your long fuzzy fur-giving me a happiness and peace of mind only you could provide. I will never find another you. I miss you so much the thought of you makes my tears flow like a raging river. Love, T

My dear Maddie, My special girl.
You had to leave me eight weeks ago today and my heart is heavy because you are not where you belong-sitting on my lap as I groomed your long fuzzy fur-giving me a happiness and peace of mind only you could provide. I will never find another you. I miss you so much the thought of you makes my tears flow like a raging river. Love, T

Sending you many hugs xx

Thank you Jane,Joey &boo,zoobic,

Keeping busy distracts me until nightime. I either cannot fall asleep or if I do one of my health issues wakes me and then I cannot fall back to sleep.
I would hold Maddie every night and stroking her and seeing her made me feel so blessed, no matter what else happened she made me look at the positive.
Suddenly I do not have her for that support, plus I cannot stop feeling like I could have done more for her-to have her still or not spend her last hours being tested at vets or in the car,only to lose her within minutes of her returning home-in my arms as she gasped her final breath. She deserved better.:cry:Tears are not enough.

Today marks ten weeks since Maddie was called home. I love all my bunnies, yet she has left a void in me like I never felt before. Perhaps this void is the price I must pay for having been blessed by having her in my life. Even if this feeling never gets better it was worth every tear to be loved by Maddie. I must have done something right in my life to be allowed to love my georgeous ,sweet girl and to have her offer me so much love and understanding in return.
Maddie, you loved me like no other. Words are not enough to describe you or how much I miss you.

Last edited:
Today marks ten weeks since Maddie was called home. I love all my bunnies, yet she has left a void in me like I never felt before. Perhaps this void is the price I must pay for having been blessed by having her in my life. Even if this feeling never gets better it was worth every tear to be loved by Maddie. I must have done something right in my life to be allowed to love my georgeous ,sweet girl and to have her offer me so much love and understanding in return.
Maddie, you loved me like no other. Words are not enough to describe you or how much I miss you.

I can relate to every word you have posted. Sending you many hugs xx

I don't know what to say, bunny momma, but I know how you must feel. xxxxx
some buns are very very special.

I echo mikes words. Many of us share the sane emotions you have, all of us have lost our soul bun at some point.
It’s a memory that never leaves you, nor should it. Those special rabbits allow us to be a part of their lives, full a special part of them with our love and in return they give us rabbit love back. It’s because we care deeply that it hurts more.
Not a day passes that I do not shed a tear at some point for my bridge bunnies. I would give anything to cuddle them again. But I’ve also accepted that as I have said goodbye to special bunnies, it has allowed me to rescue other rabbits and hopefully allow them that second chance and a life with us.
Big hugs to you - I know how you feel. Xx

So sorry Bunny momma, they can leave such a big hole in our hearts when they have to leave us. Big hugs from across the miles xxx

Today marks two years since I lost my beautiful princess, Madelyn/Maddie.
My dear Maddie came into my life and made it complete, and then heaven suddenly needed it's angel back.
You were as beautiful inside as you were outside.
For such a little, fluffy bunny, you left a huge hole in my heart.
I will never forget you beautiful girl.:cry::cry:

Today marks two years since I lost my beautiful princess, Madelyn/Maddie.
My dear Maddie came into my life and made it complete, and then heaven suddenly needed it's angel back.
You were as beautiful inside as you were outside.
For such a little, fluffy bunny, you left a huge hole in my heart.
I will never forget you beautiful girl.:cry::cry:

:cry:

(((( Hugs)))) xx

Sending you hugs BM. You gave Maddie more than love, you gave her life, you gave her freedom, you gave her family and you made Maddie complete. She will always be a part of you and a part of the forum. A special bunny takes more of us than we know. Loves downside is the pain when we lose our special companions. You shared Maddie journey with us - it was an honour and privilege to have shared that journey.
Craig xx

Jane, Craig1965, Pets Mum,

Thank you for your kind words. My current bunnies are loved dearly, so I feel guilty for missing Maddie, yet she was my first lap bunny and she will always have a special place in my heart.

Back