• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lillian and Leo - new video soon.....

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Just to get everybun excited, as promised, I've taken some footage just now of Lillian and Leo in an extraordinary episode in our garden.
It's just uploading onto you tube and it's about 45 minutes away from competion (it's only 5 minutes long).
So stay tuned fans - there's some exciting action coming up and there's points for those of you who are into rabbit body language. Some fascinating little bits for you to observe and note on dual behaviour.
Stay tuned - video and report coming up soon.......

Last edited:
Ok Lilleo fans. Here it is...
https://youtu.be/9yyv7qH2ewA

Ignore the date and time - I'm still getting to grips with the camera and settings. First thing to note - the neighbours were having a small garden party. Lillian had been out in the garden all afternoon and I was in the middle of getting her in when Leo decided to come out. So I grabbed the camera and took the opportunity.
At 1 minute 50 seconds, something spooked Lillian. She went on full alert - as you will see. She was calm before and then something definately got her attention but I have no idea what. Note please how Lillian and Leo both get triggered and face exactly the same way. Fascinating.
2 minutes 15 seconds - bunny language studdiers will identify Lillians posture and movement as exaggerated and heightened.
2 minutes 37 seconds and further evidence of Lillian having an awareness of something. Exaggerated leaps and a flash of speed. Bear in mind Lillian was but a week ago, quite unwell, in stasis, had some degree of being bloated and has for the best part of the week been on meds.
2 minutes 50 seconds and Leo gets wind of what is happening and he starts reacting. Note Lillian in the background.
3 minutes 20 seconds and Lillian does the thump - 6 seconds later, Leo follows.
After that - well, just watch and enjoy. And for anyone wondering how Lillian is - well, judge for yourself.
By the way, she is presently cuddled up under the table - sploofed out.
Craig xx

Oh Craig that was a lovely video :love:

My personal favourite parts were Lillian running really fast down the path and then Leo giving you the run around at the very end :lol:

Thank you for sharing that video with us it has absolutely made my day! I have probably watched it 6 times in a row now. I don't think I have ever seen a rabbit run that fast! I loved the stamping communications between them both what interesting behaviour to get on video :love:

Lillian can certainly get a move on if she wants to. I also enjoyed Leo's attempts to remain in the garden [emoji23]
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

“Look, I’m an uppy eared bun, I can keep track of where the danger is, so I’m not going in just because you and Lils think I should”. :lol:

Fantastic video, thanks for sharing it :D

Fascinating ! would love to just get inside their little bunny heads and know what they're thinking sometimes :lol:

oh, that is a fantastic vid. They are so special, I love watching bunny behaviour.
Seeing them enjoying the fresh air is awesome. xxx

That was lovely and with that turn of super speed I think Lillian is feeling much better!
It made me feel better that you had to herd Leo indoors - we have to resort to treats and shaking the jar and even then if they dont want to come they dont.
I wonder what they got wind of that made them both thump?
Thank you Craig that was a real treat to watch.

I wish all Rabbits could have a garden like that! They heard something which was scaring them but Lillian knew where to run for safety.

Mine were doing exactly this when the first lot of flying ants happened when we were dong the concreting! They were not as spooked for the lot we had yesterday, interestingly..! Thankyou for sharing :D

Thank you everybun for all the kind and thoughtful comments. One of the main resons we bought this house 5 years ago now was the decent sized garden and it's general security. I liked the fact that there was ample lawn, a patio area and some hiding places up the borders. The double garage at the top helps of course, but it's a nice garden. It's north facing house so it's a bit of a bummer with the sun but it does for what we want.
I was very intrigued by their behavior for sure. Something definately spooked Lillian - she was right on it and in all my life I have never ever seen her run that fast. It was nice to see her giving some exaggerated hops and that bout of exercise will be very beneficial for her. I know whe's a bit on the chub chub side, we're working on it, but at least she seems to have overcome the bout of stasis or whatever she had last week. I think it was gas - she felt really bloated last saturday but I never heard any bottom burp from her. I know gas build up is painful so it's no wonder she felt unwell.
She is sunbathing in her usual spot now. When the rain starts I'll have to coax her in. Leo is a funny one. He will go out first thing and then again at last knockings but rarely inbetween. I did like the comment about how he has sticky uppy ears and can hear more. That really made me smile - how thoughtful you all are with your comments.
I'll try to get some bell footage next - she might be up for that tonight when they come in for the evening.
Craig x

Might have been a squirrel , or a blackbird maybe . Blackbirds root around in the undergrowth,tossing leaves etc aside.

Back