• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Two Females

belly

Young Bun
Sadly one of my buns passed recently and his doe has been solo for a few months now. She's 7 so wasn't planning on rebonding.

Today a 1yo female was being "given away" to anyone. She was to picked up immediately and basically been ignored (some people shouldn't be allowed to keep rabbits) so now I have two single does.

The older doe is more territorial and "grumpy", grumpier with age.

I was wondering whether a F/F bond with such an age gap would even be worth attempting? What would you guys do?

Two females are difficult. Both would need to be spayed as their maternal instincts overrule any bond. Even when spayed there is no guarantee they will live harmoniously together. If they are both spayed then you need to introduce them in a neutral area and see how they get on but it would probably be best to do a very slow bond. Good on you for taking the little girl on! Have you checked it is indeed a female?

I'm 99% sure she is indeed a she. The previous owner "wasn't sure". She's never been to a vet and they didn't hold her as "we didn't know how" :roll:

She's a little nervous but I did all the tummy and bum checks and she seems surprisingly fit and well. But the rear end I cannot see any indication of her being a boy! haha

Back