• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Tulip Tuesday

Genuine question how do you round them up at night? If Maple was out there she would end up being a wild bun there's no way Id catch her :lol:

yes, it's so difficult.
mainly timing (the exact right time of the evening, currently 9pm) and patience, very slowly herding them towards the shed one step at a time careful to avoid spooking them.
2 nights ago was a nightmare as I left it till 9.30pm. it took over 1/2hr and it was dark before they went in. I was getting a bit cross but was careful to hide it.

previous buns (Radish&SPG / Chester&Poppy) have gone in by themselves in the evening , waiting for their pellets.
when it was Pepper & Poppy pairing it was slightly more difficult, but the Pepper & Tulip pairing is a nightmare. They would much rather stay out than have their pellets.

it would be impossible to catch them. when it's a vet day I leave them shut in the shed until an hr before vet time and (with difficulty) get them in a crate while in the shed.

Last edited:
yes, it's so difficult.
mainly timing (the exact right time of the evening, currently 9pm) and patience, very slowly herding them towards the shed one step at a time careful to avoid spooking them.
2 nights ago was a nightmare as I left it till 9.30pm. it took over 1/2hr and it was dark before they went in. I was getting a bit cross but was careful to hide it.

previous buns (Radish&SPG / Chester&Poppy) have gone in by themselves in the evening , waiting for their pellets.
when it was Pepper & Poppy pairing it was slightly more difficult, but the Pepper & Tulip pairing is a nightmare. They would much rather stay out than have their pellets.

it would be impossible to catch them. when it's a vet day I leave them shut in the shed until an hr before vet time and (with difficulty) get them in a crate while in the shed.

I cannot imagine chasing them around your beautiful yard/garden. Good for you for keeping your cool.

I cannot imagine chasing them around your beautiful yard/garden. Good for you for keeping your cool.

:)
I tell them what I think of them as I close the shed door on them - either 'good bunnies' or (like the other night) 'bad bunnies'

Back