• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 male rabbits

Arog12

New Kit
If you try and house 2 male rabbits together even if one or both are fixed they will still fight right? I just want to make sure my information is correct thank you 😁

If they are both neutered and have been for enough time for their hormones to subside, bonding 2 boys may work providing that it is done properly in a small neutral space where neither bun has been.

If either or neither of them have not been neutered it will be likely to be the cause of fights

Last edited:
A pair of neutered boys should bond ok, as long as you leave it a few weeks after neutering to allow for hormone levels to go down and you are bonding on neutral territory. I find it an easier bond than other combinations, with 2 girls probably the hardest, in my experience. I wouldn't attempt any bond with entire mature rabbits as they are very likely to fall out and any subsequent rebonding will be much more difficult.

Will it make my other male aggressive bringing in another male or a chance it will? Mine is already fixed

Will it make my other male aggressive bringing in another male or a chance it will? Mine is already fixed

I’m guessing you must have just had your rabbit neutered, as on your last thread you said he wasn’t neutered? In which case you need to wait at least 6 weeks after his operation for his hormones to subside. I’ve not had a rabbit change personality towards me post bonding.

Back