• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Vaccination Prices

I hope my vets aren't charging £99 a pop, all mine are due at the same time

Hopefully they will still do the first rabbit/subsequent rabbit pricing. I'm really baffled with that, how it's structured ... Nobivac for first vaccination for that rabbit £39, then - £36 for first rabbit; £33 for subsequent rabbits ... Filavac £32 for first; £24 for subsequent... so one £6/£3 less the other £8 less.

When I asked the receptionist about it she said it was because for the 'first' one the vet had to do all the explaining about the virus and the vaccination. ... but when Eliza was keeping her in-patient husbunny company she had the vaccination whilst there and I didn't get any feedback re weight etc. When I realised I have been invoiced the full whack of £36 I took her back in and asked if they could trim her claws :oops:

I hope it's less than £60 when they do get it.

Last edited:
Hopefully they will still do the first rabbit/subsequent rabbit pricing. I'm really baffled with that, and how it's structured ... Nobivac for first vaccination for that rabbit £39, then - £36 for first rabbit; £33 for subsequent rabbits ... Filavac £32 for first; £24 for subsequent... so one £6/£3 less the other £8 less.

When I asked the receptionist about it she said it was because for the 'first' one the vet had to do all the explaining about the virus and the vaccination. ... but when Eliza was keeping her in-patient husbunny company she had the vaccination whilst there and I didn't get any feedback re weight etc. When I realised I have been invoiced the full whack of £36 I took her back in and asked if they could trim her claws :oops: Dental check wasn't even recorded in her records :(

I've never really understood that. They do it for consults too - 2nd animal same condition or 2nd animal different condition. Something like that. I suppose that must be to cover dialogue about their diet & lifestyle. Its a shame you never got the health cheque. Got to hand it to Paul he fed back his findings well & any gaps I questioned he knew the answer to. I resent not being able to see your preferred vet there anymore. Let me know if you hear of Heather or Ruth returning

I've never really understood that. They do it for consults too - 2nd animal same condition or 2nd animal different condition. Something like that. I suppose that must be to cover dialogue about their diet & lifestyle. Its a shame you never got the health cheque. Got to hand it to Paul he fed back his findings well & any gaps I questioned he knew the answer to. I resent not being able to see your preferred vet there anymore. Let me know if you hear of Heather or Ruth returning

It was a bit strange but was assured that Eliza did get a health check but just that I didn't get the feedback. They didn't realise how much it mattered to me, just thought it was quicker all round not to waste a consultation (which was fine - but don't charge me full whack for it).

I used to have a list of things in my head to fire at Frances when I had a consultation. I even often had a list to prompt me tucked in vaccination cards. She even said to me once that I didn't have to hide the bit of paper:lol: I do that with Ruth and Heather too, and to some extent did with Becky. I miss that too. And I haven't used the local vets since lockdown as there's only one vet there I'm willing to see. I even used 'the other' local vet on a Sunday when Jesika wasn't eating. So, yeah, I miss Sam a lot as well but I just don't want to risk having to deal with any of the other vets. Surely R and H should be back pretty soon?! :(

For anyone being charged a silly amount for the new vaccine you could always request a prescription from the Vet (usually costs about £10.00 ) and buy the Vaccine online

https://www.viovet.co.uk/Nobivac-Myxo-RHD-Plus/c49983/

The Vet will have had to have examined the Rabbit in the recent past, so they may slap a consultation fee on I suppose. To me it just seems to be taking the wotsit a bit to be charging over £80.00 for a vaccine that costs less than half of that wholesale :?

One of the Nottingham vets (I expect Davisons on Ilkeston Road, can't vouch for the other Davisons) is doing it for £40 :)

£66 for me

How can they discontinue the old myxi vacc? Wasn't there something about "only rabbits that have had their original vaccines can have the combi one" or something?

£66 for me

How can they discontinue the old myxi vacc? Wasn't there something about "only rabbits that have had their original vaccines can have the combi one" or something?

hopefully this makes sense :D

82187798_3412933448745583_4051083315732241198_n.png

103972263_3412931652079096_5603859802698305244_o.png

I suspected as much !! She still has not grasped the concept of the retirement malarkey has she :lol:

Actually, it's the second diagram she created, just to be accurate! I think she is gradually getting the hang of it (four years now :shock:) but the RHD2 outbreak certainly got her attention, the paper took a LOT of hard work.:love:

Actually, it's the second diagram she created, just to be accurate! I think she is gradually getting the hang of it (four years now :shock:) but the RHD2 outbreak certainly got her attention, the paper took a LOT of hard work.:love:

I expect that Nigel had to bite his tongue a lot as she got on a mission re all the RHD2 issues. Hopefully they are both keeping well these days.

Going OT here, but I hope you will be able to visit your Mum now that NHs are allowing Family Visits again xx

Hopefully they will still do the first rabbit/subsequent rabbit pricing. I'm really baffled with that, and how it's structured ... Nobivac for first vaccination for that rabbit £39, then - £36 for first rabbit; £33 for subsequent rabbits ... Filavac £32 for first; £24 for subsequent... so one £6/£3 less the other £8 less.

When I asked the receptionist about it she said it was because for the 'first' one the vet had to do all the explaining about the virus and the vaccination. ... but when Eliza was keeping her in-patient husbunny company she had the vaccination whilst there and I didn't get any feedback re weight etc. When I realised I have been invoiced the full whack of £36 I took her back in and asked if they could trim her claws :oops: Dental check wasn't even recorded in her records :(

Just looking at old receipts, I liked this one for their first filavac - esp with the expert consults thrown in

Rb4bBnkl.jpg

that was a Frances special :lol: its £32.40 per bun now

Yeah, it was also the Cunivak that came from Germany and we only managed to get the one batch (a practice in Leeds got a batch also) they needed two doses two weeks apart. The vaccine was cheap but the petrol cost and long detour wasn't fun! We were so lucky to get the vaccine though. Ah, those were the days...

Last edited:
Sorry but I see this as yet another money grabbing outlet for Vets...ists a disgrace, its not about caring for animals ..but making money, as for the 'check ups' they are a joke as most fo the time they dont even know what to look for...

Back