• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rescued a bunny need help please!

Quick update. He's getting better by the day. Still has trouble with his front paws but hes much more mobile. He also likes his hide being inside the larger cage now. I'm still quite concerned about his front paws. He still 'boxes' them a bit without being able to get them up to groom. His back legs are able to groom fairly well... but it seems like he needs all paws for differnent parts of his body. I've noticed his ears may be itching a bit... he seems to go a bit floppy when I touch them sometimes... like when you itch a dog and they go into scratch mode. I really cant tell if hes enjoying what I do or being terrified... although now when I touch his front paws he tends to run off and hide... which I guess he couldnt before. I'll upload a vid and see if people think he looks like hes enjoying attention or scared. I cant read him like my dog! Thanks

So this video is him being fairly normal...
https://youtu.be/hGwMYj_NRrg
This is him a few minutes later behaving the way I find strange...
https://youtu.be/ZlqOrXo4MX8...
Any ideas?

wow, he looks so much healthier 2 weeks on :love: I'm no expert but to me that looks like a blissed out bunny enjoying being groomed by his master. He's finally come home, he can trust you & he knows it. They are intuitive little creatures. He does look pretty docile when your stroking him but one of my girls is similar. He can (& does) move when he's had enough. I like his name

Back