• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lino for shed floor

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
I bought lino from ebay in the past but it is so expensive.

Only need 5 x 6 for the shed floor. Any ideas?

Definitely following this. I've tried local floor shops but no scraps available :(

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Shed floors I’ve done in conveyer belt rubber matting. It’s like horse rubber matting but I got it for next to nothing as it was used and scratched. But the reverse side was like new. Stable matting, rubber garage floor matting or anti fatigue matting might be good ?

I have had success in getting vynil floor scraps for free when I was lining double hutches. The guy apologised that the 2 pieces weren’t matching, I said I’m sure the rabbits won’t mind :lol:

I've not seen anything on Freecycle recently but it's worth looking there, FB marketplace, Preloved, Gumtree...

Thanks all. Will look on gumtree, etc.

Does anyone put insulation under the lino or matting? I was considering that silver stuff.

We use burt's and just buy whatever's cheapest. Also depends where you are but in the South West theres a carpet company called Market Carpets that do offcuts cheap.

Managed to pick one up for £10 last time. Might be something similar near you?

Ours are indoors but I put those soft play squares underneath in the hopes of helping sore hocks.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I went for an ebay lino in the end. Easy. I love the pattern! Going to be insulating the walls soon and will eventually be making some kind of shelf so that they can see out of the windows. Will miss them in the house but needs must and hopefully they will enjoy the fresh air in their run.

Too blazing hot to move them out yet. Got to finish the run as well. Needs painting and needs wire on the bottom.

Eurgh, too hot to paint too! Every Friday I keep trying to finish the bottom of one of the aircraft at the air museum, just one last quick coat of silver (no-one's going to see it so it doesn't need to be a well-finished coat) and every Friday since I put the first coat on it's been 24C when I arrive at 9:30am! :roll: Ditto doing the run: we need to go and mesh it but it's too warm to manhandle stuff around :roll: Good luck getting decent weather to finish and move them in :D

Back