• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

it’s Jack’s-Jane !

We can ban the account but, if the login details for it are being saved on your ipad, then it's still probably going to try to log you in as IM. That's why I think you need to try to remove any saved info.

It's tricky to advise because it might well be something quite obvious if we were able to see your iPad/laptop in person.

Cleared all saved password data for my JJ account and my IM account on my Ipad. Logged out of IM account on Ipad, can never log in to it on PC, then tried to log in as JJ on Ipad. Password not recognised.....again. Yet the very same password is recognised on my PC. Once my pain killers kick in ai will try to get to my PC and see if I have been logged out as JJ. If I have I won’t be able to get back in again until tomorrow. It happens every time. This is definitely one for Tamsin to sort out, as it was in the case of Blackberry&Co and Pet’s Mum x

Did you remove the saved info from Tapatalk? And were you trying to log in via Tapatalk or Safari?

I've just searched through old threads too and it looks like the members you've mentioned were just having issues with password reminder emails being sent, which would have been solved by a manual password change as I've already done.

Did you remove the saved info from Tapatalk? And were you trying to log in via Tapatalk or Safari?

I cant understand Tapatalk at all so I am not using it. All IM posts are via Safari on my Ipad. I have just tried to log in as JJ on my PC again, having previously been logged out after trying to log in (as JJ) on my Ipad. I have not, at any stage today requested a new password for either account, yet I was still automatically logged out of JJ from my PC when I tried to log in on my Ipad. Looks like I have been allowed back in via my PC now !

I am not going to bother trying to access RU as JJ via my Ipad now, not til Tamsin gets in touch. I know people think it must be me that is causing the problem, I am certain it's not. It has to be a Forum tech problem.

Last edited:
techy problems are horrid. you must be really frustrated. hope you're back with us fully soon

It is a right pain as I want to be able to make optimum use of my Ipad and until the problem gets sorted I cant. I am trying really hard not to answer threads as IM but I have failed a couple of times so no doubt I'll get told off for that !!

Have you tried Apple support? My mum usually takes her ipad into store when she's struggling with something (which is pretty often :lol:) but I'm guessing they must have online tech help too.

If you can log in via your laptop on one account and via your ipad under the other, I can't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to do that the other way round too. I'm logged in on various devices, plus Tapatalk, and I also have a test account that I can log in on simultaneously.

So, it's just as likely to be an issue your end somewhere (and I don't mean that as in something you yourself are doing wrong but some setting somewhere maybe that needs adjusting) as it is to be a specific issue with the forum. It might be worth trying to rule that out while you're waiting for Tamsin to have a look though.

Have you tried Apple support? My mum usually takes her ipad into store when she's struggling with something (which is pretty often :lol:) but I'm guessing they must have online tech help too.

If you can log in via your laptop on one account and via your ipad under the other, I can't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to do that the other way round too. I'm logged in on various devices, plus Tapatalk, and I also have a test account that I can log in on simultaneously.

So, it's just as likely to be an issue your end somewhere (and I don't mean that as in something you yourself are doing wrong but some setting somewhere maybe that needs adjusting) as it is to be a specific issue with the forum. It might be worth trying to rule that out while you're waiting for Tamsin to have a look though.

As requested via PM can you/Tamsin Ban the IM Account please............................

I've given a time out so you can't post from it as that might get confusing (for you just as much as everyone else) but you'll still be able to use it to browse the forum while you're waiting for help with your existing account.

Like I said already, banning the account isn't going to help because you will still have passwords saved etc from it.

I know you didn't like Tapatalk but it might be worth trying to find your way around that - it's a totally different set up to the browser but it's much easier to use once you have it sussed. When I first started using it, I hated it and everything seemed so long-winded [emoji23][emoji23] but it actually simplifies a lot of stuff. I'm usually on Tapatalk for replies, posting photos etc but prefer the laptop for any admin functions.

I've given a time out so you can't post from it as that might get confusing (for you just as much as everyone else) but you'll still be able to use it to browse the forum while you're waiting for help with your existing account.

Like I said already, banning the account isn't going to help because you will still have passwords saved etc from it.

I know you didn't like Tapatalk but it might be worth trying to find your way around that - it's a totally different set up to the browser but it's much easier to use once you have it sussed. When I first started using it, I hated it and everything seemed so long-winded [emoji23][emoji23] but it actually simplifies a lot of stuff. I'm usually on Tapatalk for replies, posting photos etc but prefer the laptop for any admin functions.

No, I haven't as they are all deleted, as previously stated

Cleared all saved password data for my JJ account and my IM account on my Ipad. Logged out of IM account on Ipad, can never log in to it on PC, then tried to log in as JJ on Ipad. Password not recognised.....again. Yet the very same password is recognised on my PC. Once my pain killers kick in ai will try to get to my PC and see if I have been logged out as JJ. If I have I won’t be able to get back in again until tomorrow. It happens every time. This is definitely one for Tamsin to sort out, as it was in the case of Blackberry&Co and Pet’s Mum x

I cba with it all now, got better things to do

I know you said that, but you've also been posting on that account since so I'm assuming they'll be saved again.

Still nothing...................:roll:

Cant Log In via someone elses Ipad either so the problem cannot be with my Ipad setting can it ?

In the grand tradition of Lauren, AKA Catherine Tate I will just say this

Ebqy40y.gif

..................... and hope it'll be taken as the joke it is intended to be !! InspectorMorse already has a time out and an Infraction !! A really bad boy for setting up a duplicate account

6JK9qet.gif

........................ ;)

Dear Santa

I know that it is only July and Christmas is about 5 months away, but I wanted to get my request in early as I know how busy you get as the year progresses.

All I want for Christmas this year is to be able to Log In to RU as 'Jack's-Jane' via my new Ipad. It really would make a huge difference as at the moment I have to keep opening up my PC to use RU. I expect that you may have had to reduce your number of Elf Helpers this year, in order for them to comply with Social Distancing in the work place. I do hope that the fact that my 'Letter to Santa' has been submitted early may mean that you and the Elves are able to grant my request.

Thank you in anticipation

Jack's-Jane (AKA InspectorMorse who remains on the RU naughty step at the moment......................)

zzj6eDZ.gif

Have you tried the app Tapatalk? It works very well on an android phone

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I can log in to RU on my iPad via Safari..I think (without any disrespect) it has to be something your end with the iPad (or most of us/all would be struggling to log in via an iPad). I wish I could swing by and help you in person, its always easier than trying to do it online. it lets me in and redirects me as it should.

JJ, I would be willing to write out some steps with pictures for using tapatalk if you would be willing to give that a go? its probably better for using RU anyway. its a bit confusing but I think it should be easy for you to get the hang of.

genuinely I can only think its either some weird setting with the iPad (not sure what though) or theres an issue with the login credentials when you enter them on the iPad.

if only you could show us what happens....hm. I mean you can screenshot on the ipad - and then if you could post those pictures here? we might be able to better understand, if you'd be okay to do that!

Have you tried the app Tapatalk? It works very well on an android phone

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I can log in to RU on my iPad via Safari..I think (without any disrespect) it has to be something your end with the iPad (or most of us/all would be struggling to log in via an iPad). I wish I could swing by and help you in person, its always easier than trying to do it online. it lets me in and redirects me as it should.

JJ, I would be willing to write out some steps with pictures for using tapatalk if you would be willing to give that a go? its probably better for using RU anyway. its a bit confusing but I think it should be easy for you to get the hang of.

genuinely I can only think its either some weird setting with the iPad (not sure what though) or theres an issue with the login credentials when you enter them on the iPad.

if only you could show us what happens....hm. I mean you can screenshot on the ipad - and then if you could post those pictures here? we might be able to better understand, if you'd be okay to do that!

Thanks both. I have tried Tapatalk a few times but I hate it and I find it so confusing :oops: I will try again though.

bc, I have no idea how to take a screen shot !! :oops:

Back