• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

it’s Jack’s-Jane !

Yea sorry, I'm sure you are, I'm just now trying to think of every possible thing that could go wrong when signing in [emoji38] x

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh I know, I really appreciate your help :love: It's not as though you are scratching about with time on your hands ! I am sure that Evelyn makes certain that cannot happen :lol:

Computers + me never were a match made in heaven ! :roll:

It is incredibly frustrating !! I know what you mean re Windows 10 updates :evil: I never wanted Windows 10 in the first place, it was just installed overnight without my consent :evil:

Well, I totally reset my Ipad back to how it was before I initially set it up. All stored data was removed. Can I now use the Ipad to log in to RU as JJ ? What do you think....................

:censored: :censored:
It heard me talking and no USB working even though drivers up to date.

It heard me talking and no USB working even though drivers up to date.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

For some reason my PC refused to recognise my camera today. I had to change all the USB plugs about then restart the computer. No idea what happened as I had no problems uploading from my camera at all yesterday :? :roll:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

For some reason my PC refused to recognise my camera today. I had to change all the USB plugs about then restart the computer. No idea what happened as I had no problems uploading from my camera at all yesterday :? :roll:

That same thing happens to me. My USB connections are working again after I spent time locating and reinstalling drivers system said were up to date already, though this time I also located a checkbox regarding USB drives and power saving-probably when battery is low. So I either corrected the issue or caused another one-my usual route.:lol:
It must be even more annoying with a new I pad.

Is there any chance that Tamsin will be able to offer some help ? Soon I may only have online access via my Ipad and that will mean I will not be able to post on RU at all, even as IM (that account has been set to stop me posting as IM..................)

If I do only have internet access via an Ipad can I be allowed to post as IM if Tamsin is no longer available to help out in situations like this.

I tried logging in as JJ on my Neighbours Ipad and yet again it said incorrect password. Not only was I using a different device but also a different WiFi. IMO this proves the problem cannot be with my Ipad.

I think I have been very patient about all this, but I am a tad :censored: off now !

Can you see what you are putting in as it goes in, or does it just show asterisks? Is it automatically starting your password with a capital letter? Have you tried copying and pasting rather than inputting? Is it putting an extra space on the end or something?

Can you see what you are putting in as it goes in, or does it just show asterisks? Is it automatically starting your password with a capital letter? Have you tried copying and pasting rather than inputting? Is it putting an extra space on the end or something?

It shows what I input for a second then goes to an asterisk, I am absolutely certain I am inputting all details 100% correctly. I even got my Neighbour to have a few goes (whilst socially distancing of course :roll: )

My password starts with a capital letter anyway

Tried copying and pasting, no luck :cry:

No extra spaces being entered

I've messaged Tamsin again.

Have you tried contacting Apple support to see if they can check any likely issues their end?

Oooo errr, just sent a message to the 'Webmaster' via a Forum Feedback I never knew existed :shock: I was able to do so from my Ipad without logging in :shock: I just had to correctly answer the random question 'Do Rabbits have Whiskers' !! :lol:

I am a bit like a dog with a bone with all this now, I aint gonna give up :p

Can I assume that I will never be able to access RU via my Ipad then ?
Would you be willing to change your password to something you wouldn't normally use, test it works to log back in on your pc, give me it, and I'll try log in on my ipad and see what happens? It's okay if not. You could download all your pms and delete them, not that I'd look anyway [emoji38] and if I post anything terrible Zoobec can infract me [emoji38]

Just an idea, if you're not comfortable with it that's totally okay x

Would you be willing to change your password to something you wouldn't normally use, test it works to log back in on your pc, give me it, and I'll try log in on my ipad and see what happens? It's okay if not. You could download all your pms and delete them, not that I'd look anyway [emoji38] and if I post anything terrible Zoobec can infract me [emoji38]

OK , I'll try that but I can leave it for a few days whilst you get Penelope sorted out. You have more than enough on your plate atm !!

Thanks Gracie :love:

OK , I'll try that but I can leave it for a few days whilst you get Penelope sorted out. You have more than enough on your plate atm !!

Thanks Gracie :love:

Nah, dw won't take me a min, pm me the password over when you're ready, I'll post here when I've done it and you can change your password to something different :)

This is a great idea :wave: the it help not the infraction ;):wave::lol:

Back