• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

it’s Jack’s-Jane !

so once again I have been logged out of my JJ account on my PC and now I can’t log in again as it is saying ‘incorrect password’ So I request a new password, try to log in with it and it says that I have exceeded my 5 login attempts. ! I :censored: well haven’t

This happened to me a few years ago now ! I only had an Ipad at the time. I also opened another account just to shout for help, in the end Tamsin had to do it for me, don't know what she did !

This happened to me a few years ago now ! I only had an Ipad at the time. I also opened another account just to shout for help, in the end Tamsin had to do it for me, don't know what she did !

Well in a way it helps to know it's not just me !!

I wonder if Karen can help
Probably not! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sometimes the reset password thing doesn't work properly. Do you want me to do it manually so you can try logging in on both?

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work tbh as I've logged in on so many different laptops, phones, tablets with no issue but I think Blackberry had the same problem every time she changed device too.

If you do get locked out, you can message me on FB instead Jane & I can try to sneak you in through a window or something. [emoji23]

Hooray, I can at least get back in as JJ on my PC. I am not even going to try again on the Ipad as doing so will just log me out of RU from my PC and then, yet again, it'll take forever to get back in.

Something is clearly wrong :?
Were you using safari on your ipad to access this website?

Have you tried the app Tapatalk?

It's odd.. I can't understand why it isn't working, I'd suggest trying another browser like chrome on your ipad. You can download it via the app store :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Probably not! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sometimes the reset password thing doesn't work properly. Do you want me to do it manually so you can try logging in on both?

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work tbh as I've logged in on so many different laptops, phones, tablets with no issue but I think Blackberry had the same problem every time she changed device too.

If you do get locked out, you can message me on FB instead Jane & I can try to sneak you in through a window or something. [emoji23]

Ha ha, !

Were you using safari on your ipad to access this website?

Have you tried the app Tapatalk?

It's odd.. I can't understand why it isn't working, I'd suggest trying another browser like chrome on your ipad. You can download it via the app store :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

yes, I have been using Safari, I have just downloaded Tapatalk but I have no idea how to use it. I think I’ll download Chrome as I am used to that x

I hope my teasing that you hacked IM's account did not tip off mods that you opened a duplicate.
IMO the inspector should be given an honorary account-why not, universities give honorary degrees.
Some technical issues can make my brain explode.

Jane, if you could give some more details about what was happening when you tried to log in, we can look into a fix for you. How far along did you get in the log in process, what message did you get etc. ?

Jane, if you could give some more details about what was happening when you tried to log in, we can look into a fix for you. How far along did you get in the log in process, what message did you get etc. ?

Sorry, replying via IM

When I try to log in on my Ipad using JJ it always says incorrect password. I am 100% certain that I enter the correct password. So then I request a new password and try again using this. It then says I have exceeded my 5 log in attempt limit and to try again in 15 minutes. But I have usually only used. 2-3 log in attempts. After waiting for over an hour I try to log in again using the new password and it says incorrect password.

I then have a hissy fit !

Whilst all this faffing about is going on via my Ipad I am logged out of RU on my PC. I never log out of my JJ account, it just happens as if by magic !

I then have to go through more faffing about on my PC trying to log back in. I can never do so on my original password, it says incorrect password. So I have to request a new password. I expected this password to be rejected too, but so far this has not been the case.

Well, you did ask !

Hissy fits are totally understandable in the circumstances. [emoji23][emoji23]

Remind me how the password reminder works on here as I haven't used it in yonks and am scared to now pmsl - does it send you a random password to log in with and then ask you to select a new one once you've logged in? Or does it email you a link to click that immediately asks for a new password?

I'm just trying to work out how far through the process you're getting before it goes wrong...

If you've changed password (although not through choice obviously!) then that would automatically log you out on your pc as the password that's saved on there is no longer valid.

Hissy fits are totally understandable in the circumstances. [emoji23][emoji23]

Remind me how the password reminder works on here as I haven't used it in yonks and am scared to now pmsl - does it send you a random password to log in with and then ask you to select a new one once you've logged in? Or does it email you a link to click that immediately asks for a new password?

I'm just trying to work out how far through the process you're getting before it goes wrong...

If you've changed password (although not through choice obviously!) then that would automatically log you out on your pc as the password that's saved on there is no longer valid.

With the new password first a message is emailed to me telling me I have. requested a new password and to click on the link also in the message . Doing so triggers another email with a random password. I then try to log in with that, which only works on my PC, on my Ipad it just refuses to recognise the new password and/or I get the ‘exceeded 5 log in attempts’ message.

I asked my daughter if she knew of any issues that would block you from logging in to RU with your laptop as opposed to your iPad but she wasn't sure what they might be. I'm thinking it's some kind of synchronizing problem? Your iPad may not recognize that your laptop is part of the group so blocks it from using the same website that the iPad is logged into (or trying to login?)
Just a wild guess. I don't use Apple products because they confuse the heck out of me.

So here we go again :evil: Just tried to log in as JJ from my Ipad, I am certain I entered the correct password. But yet again the forum refuses to recognise my password. I have no idea if I am still logged in as JJ on my PC as there has been a Windows 10 update and now nothing works :evil:

I HATE TECHNOLOGY ! :censored:

That's all very weird, I said before that I had a similar problem few years back, but I only had an IPad at the time. I remember that Tamsin had to do it from her end, then she emailed me a new password, I was then able to get in, then change password, its been ok ever since. Hope I haven't tempted fate now !! I feel your frustration !!

So, it seems that I have not been logged out of RU as JJ on my PC. Because I did not request a new password via my Ipad this time I suppose. But this does not resolve the problem of not being able to access RU as JJ from my Ipad.

Is anyone able to contact Tamsin to see if she can sort it out please ?

Otherwise I wont be able to use RU from my Ipad as I expect my IM account will be Banned eventually. Kinda defeats the point of me having an Ipad as most of my online time is on RU !

Back