Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: itís Jackís-Jane !

Ban my IM account then ��

I am Jackís-Jane but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

We can ban the account but, if the login details for it are being saved on your ipad, then it's still probably going to try to log you in as IM. That's why I think you need to try to remove any saved info.

It's tricky to advise because it might well be something quite obvious if we were able to see your iPad/laptop in person.

Cleared all saved password data for my JJ account and my IM account on my Ipad. Logged out of IM account on Ipad, can never log in to it on PC, then tried to log in as JJ on Ipad. Password not recognised.....again. Yet the very same password is recognised on my PC. Once my pain killers kick in ai will try to get to my PC and see if I have been logged out as JJ. If I have I won’t be able to get back in again until tomorrow. It happens every time. This is definitely one for Tamsin to sort out, as it was in the case of Blackberry&Co and Pet’s Mum x

I am Jackís-Jane but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

Did you remove the saved info from Tapatalk? And were you trying to log in via Tapatalk or Safari?

I've just searched through old threads too and it looks like the members you've mentioned were just having issues with password reminder emails being sent, which would have been solved by a manual password change as I've already done.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
    Did you remove the saved info from Tapatalk? And were you trying to log in via Tapatalk or Safari?
    I cant understand Tapatalk at all so I am not using it. All IM posts are via Safari on my Ipad. I have just tried to log in as JJ on my PC again, having previously been logged out after trying to log in (as JJ) on my Ipad. I have not, at any stage today requested a new password for either account, yet I was still automatically logged out of JJ from my PC when I tried to log in on my Ipad. Looks like I have been allowed back in via my PC now !

I am not going to bother trying to access RU as JJ via my Ipad now, not til Tamsin gets in touch. I know people think it must be me that is causing the problem, I am certain it's not. It has to be a Forum tech problem.
    Last edited by Jack's-Jane; 16-07-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Still not heard from Tamsin. 😒

techy problems are horrid. you must be really frustrated. hope you're back with us fully soon

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    techy problems are horrid. you must be really frustrated. hope you're back with us fully soon
    It is a right pain as I want to be able to make optimum use of my Ipad and until the problem gets sorted I cant. I am trying really hard not to answer threads as IM but I have failed a couple of times so no doubt I'll get told off for that !!
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Have you tried Apple support? My mum usually takes her ipad into store when she's struggling with something (which is pretty often ) but I'm guessing they must have online tech help too.

If you can log in via your laptop on one account and via your ipad under the other, I can't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to do that the other way round too. I'm logged in on various devices, plus Tapatalk, and I also have a test account that I can log in on simultaneously.

So, it's just as likely to be an issue your end somewhere (and I don't mean that as in something you yourself are doing wrong but some setting somewhere maybe that needs adjusting) as it is to be a specific issue with the forum. It might be worth trying to rule that out while you're waiting for Tamsin to have a look though.