Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clementine, stasis :(

Default Clementine, stasis :(

She took a treat a couple hours ago, but now she doesn't want one and doesn't seem herself

Vet situation isn't good, I'm hoping we can make it til tomorrow morning (which I'm not happy about) and that there's an exotic vet on.. I'm going to give her loxicom, I know I shouldn't but Idk what else to do. We have a little bit of cisapride here, but I'm worried to give anything like that without a blood glucose test or someone who knows what they're doing feeling her and ruling out an obstruction.. She's eaten a little bit of grass and some ribwort though.. Might be one of her gas attacks.

Michaels gone to get veggies and herbs as we've run out of home grown stuff here

So worried about her

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sending millions of vibes for Clementine. I hope that she has a comfortable night and you can get to a vet in the morning. Xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

sending so many vibes for clementine, I really hope she is okay

Hope she's ok & keeps on nibbling xx

Really hope she's ok, and hoping it's a bit of gassy tummy xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

That's good she's nibbling! Sending vibes and hoping she will be ok soon. Poor Clemmy xxx

Thanks guys, really appreciate it xx

Worst timing, Evelyn is cluster feeding, 6 week growth spurt, so I'm so dead and she's given up sleeping thank gawd they only last a few days.

Given Clementine some veg but she's not interested now gave her loxicom so hoping that helps

Sending lots of vibes xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Hello Gracie,

I am sorry Clementine is not doing well. She should feel better once the Loxicam starts to work. I would also give sub Q fluids to bunnies as soon as they are feeling unwell. While it is true that giving motility meds to an obstructed animal is counter indicated. That being said you know Clementine's history and it is likely she has the same issue she had in the past which would indicate the same treatment as the past. Others may think this is taking a big chance, yet I rarely can get an exotic vet in an emergency so I do what worked in the past with that individual.
    Sending you and Clementine many vibes. Having Evelyn and Clementine requiring your attention at the same time must be exhausting, yet I know you will always put them first.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Hello Gracie,

I am sorry Clementine is not doing well. She should feel better once the Loxicam starts to work. I would also give sub Q fluids to bunnies as soon as they are feeling unwell. While it is true that giving motility meds to an obstructed animal is counter indicated. That being said you know Clementine's history and it is likely she has the same issue she had in the past which would indicate the same treatment as the past. Others may think this is taking a big chance, yet I rarely can get an exotic vet in an emergency so I do what worked in the past with that individual.
    Sending you and Clementine many vibes. Having Evelyn and Clementine requiring your attention at the same time must be exhausting, yet I know you will always put them first.
    She's still not eating, there's been a few tiny poops though, so that's something.

Yea sq fluids might be a good idea, I've got all the stuff here for that, I'ma do some in a minute, thanks

You know I've been thinking about this, my Vet would do an xray, blood glucose and physical check, before giving gut motility drugs.. Any non exotic would just dispense them though without checking. And that's all I could maybe see now.. So maybe its worth just doing.. I'll see how things progress though, ideally I want her seen first thing tomorrow morning, but Idk if there'll be an exotic vet there, I'm guessing not

Yea it's a lot tbh, I won't let Clementine down though. She gave me kisses this evening, first time in a while, she really is such a sweetie