• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick grass question

Graciee

Staff member
This was just ribwort, but this grew too (the ribwort is shorter and amongst it), its much thinner I assume it's grass? Is it safe to feed?
d2bf973566c4112ec84b4b81d9c77a6d.jpg
77184c79563a421c68757d9f5374e107.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I haven't yet as was waiting for it to grow a bit bigger. I did repot some of it into a large plant pot and the long grassy bits have actually grown into what looks more like plantain.

We have lots of Ribwort Plantain growing wild in the garden and I don't remember ever seeing it grow like this. It might also be the pic, but the Plantain here is much darker in colour. That said, if it's not Plantain, then it's probably grass, although I wouldn't have thought that so much grass seed would have got in with the Plantain.

If it were me, I think I would taste a tiny piece of Plantain and compare it to a tiny piece of the other leaves :) I would imagine it's probably safe to feed, but here I wouldn't feed any plant that I wasn't 100% sure what it was.

Looks like 80% couch grass to me! I can just see the plantain in the first pic :lol: My buns LOVE couch-type grass :D Don't let it anywhere near outside, you'll get it everywhere!

Back