• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Phillip’s off to the vets

Thanks Jane!

Thanks everyone. He’s perky this morning and currently sat begging for food. He was in a grump all last night but I think that’s because he spent an hour and a half at the vets/in his carrier. Just about to give second dose of medicine so I expect I’ll be getting flicky feet and will be ignored after that :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending Phillip a huge batch of hope you have a full and quick recovery vibes. Good to know he is already improving.

Phillip is such a good boy :love:

c3eb2d3ad804753d8c2a01bfdaee2489.jpg

Here he is this morning :love:
He takes his medicine so well twice a day in a burrito then comes straight over for his usual Metacam and heart medicine. I just love him :love:

And no sneezing since Friday!

Oh good boy Phillip, I can't see the photo, but it's probably just my old iPad. Glad he's doing ok xx

Edit, I can see him now ! just changed to my pc. Looking handsome Phillip :love:

Last edited:
Sorry we're late to this thread. So pleased Philip is on the mend and an absolutely gaw-jus photo of the stunning swooner. Lillian sends a full face lick for Philip and says he'll be in her dreams tonight. xx

So Phillip has been sneezing a few times since I first took him to the vets. I can’t see any discharge but that could be because he’s wiping it away quickly before I get there.

I rang up at the weekend and they gave me another few days worth of antibiotics. He is currently on day 13, I have enough to last til around Monday I think.
He’s still eating, drinking and generally causing mischief. Just sneezing occasionally.

Should I be seeing an improvement by day 13 of baytril? Or is it worth a call to John?

So Phillip has been sneezing a few times since I first took him to the vets. I can’t see any discharge but that could be because he’s wiping it away quickly before I get there.

I rang up at the weekend and they gave me another few days worth of antibiotics. He is currently on day 13, I have enough to last til around Monday I think.
He’s still eating, drinking and generally causing mischief. Just sneezing occasionally.

Should I be seeing an improvement by day 13 of baytril? Or is it worth a call to John?

If there has been no improvement after 13 days on Baytril I would want the Vet to consider changing to another abx. If speaking with JC is an option I'd do so.

Back