• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boobly bears eyes - blind bunny musings

She has started leaving a solitary normal poop on the landing. I've been moving this but it is soon replaced by one more. So my question is are these solitary poops helping to guide her from room to room? I hope not as they are hard not to pick up

She has started leaving a solitary normal poop on the landing. I've been moving this but it is soon replaced by one more. So my question is are these solitary poops helping to guide her from room to room? I hope not as they are hard not to pick up

Well my thought is that if it is deliberate, you have to marvel at Boo for being able to control the placement of just one solitary poop.

Such a talented bunny. :lol: I wouldn't have thought of the possibility of her leaving them as a sort of guide, but that seems like a plausible explanation to me.

Really bad night with Boobly . She was so upset - inconsolable in bunny terms. She was in my office last thing then followed me through to our room & joined Joey on the bed for their nuggets as usual. She got down fine but about 5 mins later she started banging her foot, each one accompanied by a yowl. Every 1.2 seconds. There was seriously no let up for hours & hours except when she moved or would sit on my knee (when she weirdly purred each time). Joey was giving her a wide berth but no nasty behaviour. When she did move it was in that cautious walking not hopping way :( Her respiration was too fast.

Approx 4am I took her through to my spare room / office & trapped her in there (thought she might be disorientated so didn't want her accessing stairs plus Bob is driving all day with work so risky to leave him without any sleep. She had an explore & forage but then joined me on the bed where the foot stomp & yowl continued but more subdued. I woke a couple of times - she was doing it still on one occassion but later seemed fine. She was also right next to me on the bed everytime I woke up(unheard of, she visits but doesn't stay), when Bob came to check on her & when I finally woke properly at 10:30.

She seems right as rain now - back in with Joey & just doing Boo stuff. It was so upsetting seeing my brave Boobly like that & I'm none the wiser about what set her off. As she is blind & deaf I found it even sadder that what upset her must have been "in her head"? :(

Big hugs to all at Trawden Warren, poor Boo :( No definite answers but some thoughts: smell of something, maybe fireworks? Lopsy (also mostly deaf, only reliably hears prolonged bass tones) has a fabulous sense of smell, moreso than any of my hearing bunnies ever have had. He can smell banana sometimes as soon as I've stepped out the door even if the wind's in the wrong direction; OK sometimes not but there's not hiding the Give Me Banana behaviour when it does happen.

Poor Boo :( I've always understood that sort of behaviour in rabbits to be fear. Were you having loud bangs from fireworks and are you absolutely sure that she has NO hearing? If she couldn't actually hear bangs, is it possible she could feel vibrations? And if so, I imagine that must be super scary if you can't hear or see very well.

I'm very pleased that she's back to normal now, but it would be good to know what the cause was.

Big hugs to all at Trawden Warren, poor Boo :( No definite answers but some thoughts: smell of something, maybe fireworks? Lopsy (also mostly deaf, only reliably hears prolonged bass tones) has a fabulous sense of smell, moreso than any of my hearing bunnies ever have had. He can smell banana sometimes as soon as I've stepped out the door even if the wind's in the wrong direction; OK sometimes not but there's not hiding the Give Me Banana behaviour when it does happen.

Absolutely no fireworks here last night, early evening I could hear a few but they were miles & miles away. Nothing new smell wise either. Her diet was normal & she was fine until she switched. Thank You for the hugs

Poor Boo :( I've always understood that sort of behaviour in rabbits to be fear. Were you having loud bangs from fireworks and are you absolutely sure that she has NO hearing? If she couldn't actually hear bangs, is it possible she could feel vibrations? And if so, I imagine that must be super scary if you can't hear or see very well.

I'm very pleased that she's back to normal now, but it would be good to know what the cause was.

Thanks. Yeah no fireworks other than minimal distance ones around 6.30pm

Absolutely no fireworks here last night, early evening I could hear a few but they were miles & miles away. Nothing new smell wise either. Her diet was normal & she was fine until she switched. Thank You for the hugs

I think I need to move to Trawden, it was just awful here last 2 nights. The night before a new neighbour across the back let off loads of fireworks only about 20 metres from the bunnies. I really hate how you have no control over it. That also throws a theory of mine out, about bangs/smells etc.

Back