• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need recommendation please! what a mess!!

Cocodaisy

New Kit
Hello Everyone :wave:
has anyone got any recommendation for me to prevent this please? my rabbit loves to dig and i was thinking maybe they is something i could build so that she could dig inside without it going all over?

and also what litter box anyone would recommend a enclosed one? so it cant be kicked out all over, i am having to clean it up 4-5 times a day! :bunny:

c5SdpQ9m.jpg
[/IMG]

Aww I don't know but that bunny really loves to dig and fling things! :lol:
Someone else will come along with more ideas I'm sure

What about a large & deep underbed storage box? You could cut a hole in the side just big enough for her to get in but leave the lid on and have the hole at a decent height to reduce what comes out. Might not work though, bunnies can be pretty determined when they want to be.

Alternatively you could try changing the litter substrate to something like Auboise as it gets compacted more than the pellets that you seem to be using and then add hay in as well. Can still be dug in but the hay could help with redirecting the rearranging as it'll naturally get in the way.

I have tried all kinds of litter stuff nothing stops her :lol: i was thinking of maybe a enclosed one with a flap but they is loads to pick from if anyone can recommend one for me that would be great :lol:

I would just put hay on top of the litter. Or maybe a bigger tray underneath, like a potting bench tray - so it would keep the mess more confined - or a large cardboard box with a door cut out, just to see if it helps

Is your bunny neutered as if not this could be making her dig out her litter. Rabbits like hay in their litter trays so they can eat while they toilet. Also eating hay calms them down a lot as they are doing something which comes naturally being a grazing animal.

To be honest, I wouldn't use a litter tray as such. As suggested above, low underbed storage boxes can be a great alternative for bunnies. many of us use newspaper at the bottom, with loads of hay on the top, then bunny can chew and poo at the same time, as they love to do :D

You've got loads of advice for the litter tray. Ubderbed storage boxes are the best IMO.

In terms of digging, check out Manor Pet Housing, they sell a dig box which I have for my girls. Keeps everything contained and provides a good hide, sleeping area and a look out.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back