• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snoring.

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Has anybun had any experience of bunnies 'snoring'?
Here's why. Lillian is lying next to Leo on the floor right now. Totally flat Iron flat. She's relaxed enough and I think she is asleep (her eyes look open).
Do you know the noise you make when you have squeeky shoes on a hard floor? Well, that's the sound Lillian is making as she is breathing. She doesn't make this noise normally - at rest or when she is active so it's not like a wheeze. So I am making an assumption that it is a snore.
Am I missing something or has anyone else had experience of this?
Thanks
CRaig

Hmm - thank you for that. That is extremely helpful. Very much appreciated.
It's intersting learning new things about rabbits.
Craig x

Pickle developed a snore that I can only describe as the bit of a squeak you sometimes get when you’re cleaning a window. It turned out to be an upper respiratory tract infection, so if it’s something new, definitely worth getting it checked out at the vets. Since starting treatment, Pickle’s snore has almost gone :D He wasn’t making noise at any other time, just when he was sleeping until the infection got so advanced that he was squeaking when eating. I hope Lilian is just really really relaxed x

Fudgie has always been a snorer. She's got quite an impressive range: she goes from soprano to bass tenor and then back up the scale again in the course of one nap.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Britney and Whitney can be quite often heard to be squeaking, although interestingly not when they are sleeping! :lol:

I've never heard Treacle make any noises, she's very quiet. Go with your gut instinct if you're in doubt Craig, put your mind at rest if nothing else. Hope she's ok xx

Rupert snores when he sleeps in the loaf position, I always liken it to a pigeon when they coo. He never does it at any other time. I was worried when I heard it the first few times especially as I didnt know his history and whether it was normal for him. Worth getting it checked if it's not something Lillian normally does.

Back