• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nibbling My Arm?

ShirleyGirl

Young Bun
Now that Lulu is a solo bun, we have been spending more time with her so she doesn't feel too lonely. She was a rescue and has always been very shy and none too interactive, a much more difficult to know personality. Lately, when I hold her and pet her, she licks my hands and arms, gently at first, then more aggressively shoving her head into my hand and nibbling my hands and arms up/down like an ear of corn. She makes little squeak sounds when doing this. It can get painful, not like a real bun bite, but nevertheless, she leaves marks. If I squeal, she will back off, but then start again.

Love bites? Grooming?

I'm trying to hold her on my lap for at least an hour every day. I was hoping that would be ok. Talked with the local rescue about adoption and the possibility of "bunny dating" but they were totally discouraging me to adopt to give my bunny a companion. The thinking is that the two may never bond and then what? Since she's almost 6 YO, I hate to start out with a baby.

Back