• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pickle trying to get rid of the taste of baytril!

Glingle

Warren Veteran
Watch with the sound on for best effect! You might need to scroll down a bit too.
Sorry the camera work is a bit dodgy. I was kneeling down with him on the sofa and he’d been trying to escape over my shoulder.

https://m.imgur.com/a/vfdvEH0

Watch with the sound on for best effect! You might need to scroll down a bit too.
Sorry the camera work is a bit dodgy. I was kneeling down with him on the sofa and he’d been trying to escape over my shoulder.

https://m.imgur.com/a/vfdvEH0

Oh flipping heck that is adorable, how on earth do you give Baytril without having to wrap him up in a parcel - please give Susan some hints into being so good.

Oh flipping heck that is adorable, how on earth do you give Baytril without having to wrap him up in a parcel - please give Susan some hints into being so good.

Quite remarkable that he takes it without being held!:love:

I love your optimism! I kneel on the floor alongside the sofa with bun on the seat sat on a towel. Clamp bun to my side with my left arm and use hand to support under jaw. Right hand with syringe. Sometimes they’ll take it like that, other times they try to reverse out a climb over my shoulder which was the stage Pickle had got to in the photo. Beans is more tolerant at the moment, probably as he’s had less days of it. Pickle now usually needs the towel folding up over his bum to stop the reversing manoeuvre. I guess being nethies (just over 1kg), they’re easier to control than a bun 2 or 3 times their size.
Beans has just had his meds and after a period of sulking and face cleaning is binkying like mad on the rug in the lounge. :lol:

I love your optimism! I kneel on the floor alongside the sofa with bun on the seat sat on a towel. Clamp bun to my side with my left arm and use hand to support under jaw. Right hand with syringe. Sometimes they’ll take it like that, other times they try to reverse out a climb over my shoulder which was the stage Pickle had got to in the photo. Beans is more tolerant at the moment, probably as he’s had less days of it. Pickle now usually needs the towel folding up over his bum to stop the reversing manoeuvre. I guess being nethies (just over 1kg), they’re easier to control than a bun 2 or 3 times their size.
Beans has just had his meds and after a period of sulking and face cleaning is binkying like mad on the rug in the lounge. :lol:

Lol, I thought you had a secret bunny whisper method of doing it :)

That is truly adorable. What a beautiful moment and really shows Pickle's character. I love this so much :love:

aww bless. you've not got the liver flavour baytril have you? the other one is vile as well though, as many of us know

aww bless. you've not got the liver flavour baytril have you? the other one is vile as well though, as many of us know
I don’t think so (although I don’t think I’ve ever tasted liver), just disgustingly bitter. I could see why you’d want to wipe your tongue after tasting it! :lol: Poor buns were so upset at being forced to have it that they then refused the placatory fenugreek crunchies to take the taste away! :roll:

Those little licks 😍😍😍

When smudge was on baytril and Metacam at the same time I always made sure to give the Metacam straight away after to take away the yucky Baytril taste. Yuck!!!

They’re both really kicking up a fuss about taking their meds now, both of them were wrapped in a towel last night and Pickle was in a full burrito. Thankfully he has finished his meds today and Beans finishes his tonight. Pickle still seems to be snoring a bit though so we may end up back at the vets this week!

Back