• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding the quad to Loganberry and Moondust. Update. It didnt work

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
Day one. All v still at first. Frosty keeos humpingTessie and occasionally Daisy.

Frosty has tried to investigate Logan who them repeatedly humped him. Frosty eventually fought him. I separated them and watched closely. F later fought his brother, Snowflake but since then no issues.

Moondust was confident from the word go and has been cuddled up to Tessie and sometimes Tessie and Daisy.

Daisy has spent a lot of time cuddled up to Logan even whilst being humped by Frosty!

I really hope this bond works.

Frosty does a lot of humping and stamping ...

Last edited:
oooh I didn't know you were planning this :) It sounds as though it's mostly going really well and it's good that there's lots of interaction. Are you going to have them all outside if they bond successfully?

Yes they will be going outside if it works as we now need their room! Logan and Moondusts room that is. The guinea pigs are already in the shed with a 5 foot chartwell hutch plus a bit extra, about nine feet bt 2 feet in total.

Hamsters and my foster cockateils will be in the spare room. Birdies will be in the aviary by day and caged at night.

Very exciting and nerve wracking.

Thank you C and D. Looking good so far, as long as Frosty and Logan settle ...

Group bonding are brilliant! Frosty and Logan had a big set to. I voice calmed them and stroked each one in turn. They have been sitting reasonably close together washing thmselves like mad.

Funny how touch seems to work during bonding. They all loathe it in normal life.

Yes J and B brave is right. Eek!

What a night. Lots of thumping from Frosty. He wants all the does for himself. He and Loganberry had a numbernof up in the air round and round fights. Easily stopped with voice and physical intervention. L has been on his own most of the time as F wont let anyone near him ...

Do you think it can work?

Well well well, Frosty and Logan nose to nose. F digs in the hay a bit, hops away and comes back. L stays still, lying in a litter tray. The others all had a sycrnised wash!

Eek F digging at Ls tray ... Now both still.

F just nipped Ls head causing him to jump. I soothed F with sweet words and they are nose to nose again.

Tessie and Daisy are together. Snowflake is separate as is Moondust.

Frosty is washing. L is v still.

F just nipped Ls head causing him to jump. I soothed F with sweet words and they are nose to nose again. Both lying down x

Tessie and Daisy are together. Snowflake is separate as is Moondust.

Frosty is washing. L is v still.

F and L had another fight. F nipped L leapt in the air and off they went. I intervened, just put a hand on Frosty and stroked them both.

Continuing to think of you and hoping for a good result. I hope the boys can sort themselves out.

Thank you Omi and Zoobec. It would be good if they could have a chilled night. I am knackered!!!

I hope you can relax a bit too. i can't do bunny bonding all nighters anymore, far too exhausting

I must say I was much less affected by the lack of sleep back in 2013 when I bonded the quad.

They have been chilled all day. I even left them for 15 minutes here and there.

Logan is still in the same tray but is lying down and has been eating. Moondust is the most chilled of the lot!

Goodness. Loganberry is washing and has dared to move in order to have a long drink of water.mFrosty took no notice!!!!!

Back