• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies with the first pickings of the Purple Tree Collard...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Elias:

Arthur:

Gilbert:
(Gilbert's is sliced as he has no incisors)

Not the best photos but a landmark moment that I am very proud to share. :love:

It was five minutes from being picked to being fed and the bunnies absolutely loved it. It felt so much better than taking mediocre cabbage out of the fridge and picking out the best bits.

Fantastic!! I'm so pleased for you. And the bunnies of course :) Are you eating any of it?

Fantastic!! I'm so pleased for you. And the bunnies of course :) Are you eating any of it?

You know, it was very late in the plans that I actually realised that I would be able to eat it too :oops: I have never really eaten kale but I have had spring greens in stir fries etc. I have seen some kale in salads - I eat cold/raw food a lot more than cooked. I nearly had a nibble at one of the leaves to see if I would fancy it raw. Any suggestions - I'm new to what to do with kale other than give it to the bunnies. :lol:

You know, it was very late in the plans that I actually realised that I would be able to eat it too :oops: I have never really eaten kale but I have had spring greens in stir fries etc. I have seen some kale in salads - I eat cold/raw food a lot more than cooked. I nearly had a nibble at one of the leaves to see if I would fancy it raw. Any suggestions - I'm new to what to do with kale other than give it to the bunnies. :lol:

Same as Spring Greens really :) We chop it up, cook it very minimally and add it to stir fries, pasta or couscous. Also chop it up and add it to soups in the Winter. Occasionally I've picked really small leaves and added to a salad.

Same as Spring Greens really :) We chop it up, cook it very minimally and add it to stir fries, pasta or couscous. Also chop it up and add it to soups in the Winter. Occasionally I've picked really small leaves and added to a salad.

:thumb: Thank you. As I had thought. I just need to find a way of reminding myself that it's a resource available to me as well as them :lol:

look at little arthur :love: keep your gates locked BB

I'm glad the bunnies are enjoying their kale. I find it really noticeable how much more they like garden grown veg ..it trumps most forage for mine, wrapped veg is way down the line

look at little arthur :love: keep your gates locked BB

I'm glad the bunnies are enjoying their kale. I find it really noticeable how much more they like garden grown veg ..it trumps most forage for mine, wrapped veg is way down the line

That's interesting re the preferences, I have noticed a lack of interest with bagged spring greens from time to time but it varies quite a bit. With effort I could be self sufficient.. something to aim for, especially if we are talking quality rather than just economy.

I had forgotten, you have met Arthur of course, when he shared a vet trip with Bobbly.

That's interesting re the preferences, I have noticed a lack of interest with bagged spring greens from time to time but it varies quite a bit. With effort I could be self sufficient.. something to aim for, especially if we are talking quality rather than just economy.

I had forgotten, you have met Arthur of course, when he shared a vet trip with Bobbly.

was it arthur with the slightly weepy eye/

Yummy I love spring greens. I like kale steamed and then on toast with some nutriental yeast nom nom

that kale looks VERY healthy & well grown :)

beautiful bunnies. they look like they're loving the kale too :)

was it arthur with the slightly weepy eye/

Yes, it was. I couldn't for the life of me remember what I took him for except I expected Ruth to keep him in and she didn't - perhaps I thought it was due to dental problems. Good that you remembered, he's not had it since.

If your going can you pick me up Gilbert please :love:

He leaves orange fluff everywhere, you really wouldn't like it ;)

Yummy I love spring greens. I like kale steamed and then on toast with some nutriental yeast nom nom

Oh, that sounds good. I might try it if I feel I can pinch some of the bunnies' kale.

that kale looks VERY healthy & well grown :)

beautiful bunnies. they look like they're loving the kale too :)

Thank you. I think the kale looks a lot better just for now being in the ground... maybe the persistent rain as well :roll:

Yes, it was. I couldn't for the life of me remember what I took him for except I expected Ruth to keep him in and she didn't - perhaps I thought it was due to dental problems. Good that you remembered, he's not had it since.

Yes. He was told to stay on the maxitrol drops . ruth didn't think it was indicative of needing dental work. She was very thorough. we talked about bonding a little. Its a very valuable experience watching how vets work when it isn't your bunny . Is she back yet do you know?

Also do you know which of the Kales you gave to Boobly - Taunton Deane or Purple Collard?

Back